Why become a member? ×

Burberry basses

DSmolken

Hello.

I'm not from the UK, just occasionally visit, but I feel I should post this here. I just finished it yesterday. It's a parts Precision. I'm not sure where most of the parts really came from though the body and pickguard are supposedly Squier and the neck might be Ibanez, but it's definitely got a Burberry London shirt glued to it.

Next I'm planning to glue a Burberry jacket in the classic colors to a Peavey Milestone.

Edited by DSmolken

It turned out OK, though there definitely are some mistakes that I hope to avoid next time.

Here are a couple of in-progress pics of the scratchplate. I tried spraying a black burst around it to hide some flaws in the edges, then I thought "you know what..." and just kept spraying black until only a little bit of the pattern showed through in the middle.

[quote name='DSmolken' timestamp='1364133678' post='2022221']

Here are a couple of in-progress pics of the scratchplate. I tried spraying a black burst around it to hide some flaws in the edges, then I thought "you know what..." and just kept spraying black until only a little bit of the pattern showed through in the middle.
[/quote]

Aha, so that's how you did it. It looks great - like there is a "memory" of the pattern there. It's a really nice touch. Well done!

• 1 month later...

I'm back with a new one. Unfortunately it's not a Chavel - it started life as a Peavey Milestone III. I bought both the bass and the jacket in the UK. It definitely looks better and sexier than my first attempt.

Here's a better shot, though it wasn't quite finished.

And the labels.

First gig with it is tonight - I'll see if I can get some video. It might be the last gig with it, too, as I already have two possible buyers for it. I also still have enough fabric left for two more basses (I cut up an XL jacket for this), so there will be more chavvy basses on the way.

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1368342512' post='2075781']
'mazing, are these for a Goldie Looking Chain tribute act?
[/quote]
Not too far from the truth. At Friday's show I think the last four songs were by Right Said Fred, Franco el Gorila, Nadia Ali and Sean Paul.
[quote name='lou24d53' timestamp='1368350921' post='2075879'] You gonna 'Burberry' the double bass next? Need about 16 shirts for that!! :lol: [/quote]

No, but...

Edited by DSmolken