Why become a member? ×

Fender FSR Japanese Basses for 2013?!

Musicman20

• 3 months later...

These are confirmed now. Models include a '66 RI Olympic white jazz, tort plate, matching headstock and pearloid block inlays on a rosewood board. Other is a CAR jazz body, pearl block inlays on rosewood board and a P/J pickup config. Look interesting but both going for £1179ish is quite high IMO!

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1371907282' post='2119413']
These are confirmed now. Models include a '66 RI Olympic white jazz, tort plate, matching headstock and pearloid block inlays on a rosewood board. Other is a CAR jazz body, pearl block inlays on rosewood board and a P/J pickup config. Look interesting but both going for £1179ish is quite high IMO!
[/quote]look at the USA model, ok its not a PJ, but my money is on the Japan being as good if not better than the USA models, and way cheaper. ive played so many Fender Jazz basses that are "made in Japan" and every one was from good from outstanding. the only bass i would take over my MIJ 75 is my old Sei Jazz. really cant see how this is a 75 reissue though. why do they confuse people like this.?

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1371909964' post='2119464']
Looks a little bit wrong to me to have a PJ configuration on a Jazz Body , just like it looks [i]very [/i] wrong to have two Jazz pickups on a Precision body . I'm sure most other folks won't be bothered by it , though .
[/quote]
Never liked the PJ configuration myself.

[quote name='lou24d53' timestamp='1371912429' post='2119512']
Never understood the P/J mix myself, if you want a P bass, buy a P bass, if you want a Jazz, by a Jazz.
[/quote]

What if you want the best of both worlds?

It's not the best of both worlds though is it?

If it were, it would have P pickups (which it has) and it would have two J pickups (which it hasn't).

If you want the 'best' of both worlds, buy two basses.

Only my opinion of course.

Edited by lou24d53

I've just ordered a Fender Japan JB/62 VSP.
Having been looking for a decent J Bass for years I finally discovered that, to my taste, the Japanese Fenders are much better than the US builds (including Custom Shop) and are cheaper hence better value for money.
I've spent the last year or so being a pain trying out so many J Basses around the country before pulling the trigger - now waiting patiently for the call to say it has arrived........

[quote name='lou24d53' timestamp='1371973033' post='2120104']
It's not the best of both worlds though is it?

If it were, it would have P pickups (which it has) and it would have two J pickups (which it hasn't).

If you want the 'best' of both worlds, buy two basses.

Only my opinion of course.
[/quote]

Or find a Stu Hamm model, was it?