Why become a member? ×

Having your gear at home...

AnalogBomb

I'm not sure if this applies to anybody else, but, I've recently had all of my gear at home and I keep it in the spare room. See when I walk past the room, I can't help having a little look in! Just to admire really. My missus plays pop with me about this! I even sometimes go as far as to turn it on so my racklight in the tuner lights up the amp!

Do I need help? If you too are affected by this please call bass gear anonymous......

[quote name='sprocketflup' timestamp='1362865189' post='2005657']
Discreet - I'm waiting for your avatar to try and hypnotise me...
[/quote]

I had to less it with the animated profile pics - they were driving me nuts! And a few other people too, I reckon... :unsure:[size=4] ;)[/size]

[quote name='Zenitram' timestamp='1362865761' post='2005682']
I'm from Yorkshire and I've never once come across that expression. As for your wife, I will remain silent.
[/quote]

I am from Bradford though... my Nan used to say it all the time, pretty much when she played pop with me! You should throw it into conversation next time you're out and see what happens!?

I sometimes admire my pedalboard, as it's got many, many more lights than my actual rig (if there are a lot of lights on the SWR then generally I'm about ready to pop a speaker or similar), but we all love to look at kit.

You don't need help, the rest of the world is askew. :)

Well I feel better now! I do love to admire kit and also play daily - I think it was Gary Moore who said 'if you walk into a room where you keep your guitars and don't pick one up to play, then maybe it's not for you' - or something like that!

Edited by AnalogBomb

[quote name='AnalogBomb' timestamp='1362870201' post='2005762']
Well I feel better now! I do love to admire kit and also play daily - I think it was Gary Moore who said 'if you walk into a room where you keep your guitars and don't pick one up to play, then maybe it's not for you' - or something like that!
[/quote]

I am very lucky as I have a room that has space for my music stuff, we even had the lads double bass drummed pearl power kit at one point , good , but very noisey, times . I even played them (badly) for a while, but sh*t , we had a full band set up in the back room. you just have to enjoy it while you have the opportunity.

[quote name='Zenitram' timestamp='1362865761' post='2005682']
I'm from Yorkshire and I've never once come across that expression. As for your wife, I will remain silent.
[/quote]

I heard this expression a lot as a kid also, might be a west yorkshire thing, should add I'm an ex Bradfordian also

[quote name='sprocketflup' timestamp='1362865147' post='2005655']
hes married to Kieth Chegwin :)
[/quote]

Sorry, for all the Keiths out there, this is how we spell it!

Oh, and as ex Yorks knew exactly what you meant by "plays pop"

Edited by yorks5stringer