Why become a member? ×

March Composition Competition

charic

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1363275907' post='2010890']I clearly have no friends AND no gigs.[/quote]

Me neither mate. We should form a band: [i]'The Bilbo & Skol Jazz-Dubstep Duo'[/i]

... they'll be flocking in droves; flocking I tell ye! :D

Edited by Skol303

I hope to be in , I have the track laid down , lyrics ready ,melody close, just waiting on the daughter to fine tune and sing them , then put a few twiddly bits , and hey ho , send me the prize :lol:

I have been spending FFFAAAAAAARRRRRR to much time reading books and working , Oh, and faffing around on the Mix comp entry :rolleyes:

I have the Reaper bug and am gonna wear the thing out :gas:

I'd love to do something but it's been a busy time for me (plus I've been getting my rocks off with my [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/202496-some-banging-live-latin-jazz-from-my-new-band-hdmulti-cam-video/"]jazzy-latin-fusion band [/url]- although I have Live 9 now and I'm dying to make a track with that ASAP - just need a couple of hours on the weekend... I will try and do something, honest :)

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1363688837' post='2015743']Very little traffic on here this month. I may win by default!![/quote]
Could just be you and me Bilbo... I'll certainly have [i]something[/i] finished, although the way it's going you'll still be on course for a win!

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1363689144' post='2015761']I'm prepping for a gig on Friday :lol: only had two practices with the band so far so could be a nail biter![/quote]
Excuses, excuses... :P Seriously though, good luck with the gig mate. I'm sure you'll do yourself proud.

[quote name='urb' timestamp='1363691603' post='2015824']I'd love to do something but it's been a busy time for me (plus I've been getting my rocks off with my [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/202496-some-banging-live-latin-jazz-from-my-new-band-hdmulti-cam-video/"]jazzy-latin-fusion band [/url]- although I have Live 9 now and I'm dying to make a track with that ASAP - just need a couple of hours on the weekend... I will try and do something, honest :)[/quote]
Nice one Mike! You always seem able to do great things in very little time, so go for it mate. I've been hearing good things about Ableton 9, be interested to hear how you get on with using it (the new controller thingy looks very useful for live performance - although a bit pricey in my opinion).

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1363694890' post='2015899']
Excuses, excuses... :P Seriously though, good luck with the gig mate. I'm sure you'll do yourself proud.
[/quote]

Excuses indeed! Also forming a new band with a setlist like I've always wanted to do. I won't reveal it here but if you're interested then drop me a PM :)

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1363702789' post='2016114']Actually, sunday eve so on monday I can actually put the voting up[/quote]

Cool, Sunday it is.

I'd best get mine finished before then, as I'm out for birthday drinkies on Saturday and am likely to be a little too sore headed for mixing the next day (I rarely drink these days, so a few shandies and I'm going to be on the table singing 'My Way', or something... :lol: ).

Here's mine for this month:

https://soundcloud.com/skollob/all-your-bass-are-belong-to-us

The first part is all 8-bit sounds that I emulated using an analogue-style virtual synth. I wanted to try recreating the sort of music I used to enjoy as a kid during the so-called 'Golden Age' of video games (late 70s-mid 80s): the sounds of ye olde Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum, BBC Micro, etc.

…then I cheated during the latter part and broke out the usual arsenal of modern-day sounds. Couldn't resist, sorry :D

It's very repetitive and cheesy. But all done in the interest of nostalgia, of course. 'Least that's my excuse.

PS: the title comes from a [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_your_base_are_belong_to_us"]popular internet meme[/url] (< link for those fortunate enough to be less geeky than I am).

I have fallen into a bad trap that I have made for myself , I have written and mostly recorded................ a song , the daughters vocal doesn't really fit , and mine is totally sh1te , so I am trying some last ditch salvage solutions.

I am really struck by how much is involved in doing this sort of stuff , it has given me a whole new appreciation of composition, recording and musical presentation .