Why become a member? ×

Mesa 400+ £850 Barefaced Sold!

Geddys nose

The Mesa was revalved with JJ's late last year (The best I've used) and only used for practice once since, It's in a Gator Shock mount case also bought late last year. The Mesa is in Superb condition easily 9.5 out of 10 .

I've had a few valve amps over the years and a few 400+'s and keep coming back to them for the tone IMO they are up there with anything thats out there.

I'm after cash only and Will split them £850 Mesa, [s]Barefaced £550[/s].

I'll get better Pics up tomorrow and I'd prefer collection but I do get around the NW at weekends so I might be able to meet up somewhere.

Cheers Si

Edited by Geddys nose

Si is a gent to deal with, and I can vouch for the Vintage - it was one of the first 3 ever made and is a cracking cab, the only reason I downsized was I needed to fit the cab in the boot of my car and the Vintage didn't!

I've PM'ed everyone and its still available at the moment, If I split it then the Head is £850 and Cab £550 .

Thanks for all the nice comments it is indeed a nice rig, I fired it up last night for rehersal with a Ric and it was just perfect.

The head is just a touch rich for me when I take into account service costs over the years. Ive decided im not quite ready for all valve (need a band doing something regular first)

Therefore have a free bump!

[quote name='andytoad' timestamp='1362548620' post='2001091']What makes it so light? Custom speakers, special casing material? Both?[/quote]

Not "custom" speakers, just very high quality Eminence Neodymium drivers (which are light). Thin but strong wood with lots of bracing and strengthening.

The Vintage is no longer made, but the Barefaced ethos is best taken from the horse's mouth (as it were)... [url="http://barefacedbass.com/"]http://barefacedbass.com/[/url]

Not that I am calling Alex a horse, of course (of course!).

Edited by Conan

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm have a bump as i already own a Mesa 400+ and i must say i am very tempted to buy a second just to have incase! Best amp i have ever played so much frickin power!
Can't risk getting murdered by the Mrs on this one atm though.... will drop you a PM just to say hi though ;)