Why become a member? ×

Gig Bag advice.

wal4string

These have http://www.monocase.com/mono-vertigo-bass.asp

Plus they are fantastically robust. Anything else is second best. Even the other Mono cases aren't as good. I haven't got one but have given them a thorough examination in the flesh and they are absolutely fantastic. I do have one of the older double Mono bass bags though.

Edited by Sean

[quote name='wal4string' timestamp='1361640042' post='1988702']
Hi, I am on the look out for a new gig bag. Besides doing a good job at protecting my bass I also need one with a hanging hook and I was wondering if you could let me know if your bag has one or not.

Thanks in advance for any information.
[/quote]
Warwick Premium Rockbags are superb in all ways. Great protection, metal hang loop, great straps, big pad with retaining strap for the neck near the headstock, lots of storage pockets. Very very durable.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/rockbag_rb20705b_ebassgigbag.htm?gclid=CNbSv7upzbUCFeXLtAodqE0AjQ

I've had the same Warwick Rockbag for the past 7 years. It has been thrown into vans and cars and protected my bass perfectly. The only flaw is the bottom strap pin is slowly carving a hole into the base padding but thats only a very recent problem.

so +1 for warwick rockbags

I've also recently bought an SKB hard foam case. I know you're looking for a gig bag but it was similar price to the warwick bags, it was shaped so not too bulky plus it has a handle on the rear where the straps meet so you could hang it from there. Just thought i'd mention it :)

Edited by mattcbass

[quote name='Lee Carter' timestamp='1361976479' post='1993906']
mattcbass, black gaffa tape works a treat on the strap pin problem.
[/quote]

I've taped a sponge across the bottom which seems to be working OK, may cover it with gaffa tape to make it last longer though. Thanks for the advice :)

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1361652600' post='1988940']
I've got a tribal planet that I got with my first bass and it's still in pretty much perfect condition after... umm... about 8 years I think

[/quote]

I don't think Tribal Planet are trading any more, which is a pity. I've got one of their bags too.

I have a Ritter which has a hanging hook, but I've had that a while and don't know what the modern ones have.

• 2 weeks later...

Another Warwick Rockbag recommendation here, I've gigged the hell out of mine over the last 5 years or so and it's kept my Corvette Std very safe indeed.
They do have a metal hanging hook too :)

Just noticed you've already made your choice :blush:

Edited by WarwickPaul

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1361652600' post='1988940']
I've got a tribal planet that I got with my first bass and it's still in pretty much perfect condition after... umm... about 8 years I think

Looks like this

[/quote]

+1 on the Tribal Planet case. I love mine, it is heavy but worth it! Real shame they don't seem to be around any more.