Why become a member? ×

Expression.

steve-soar

[quote name='Antiloco' timestamp='1360250731' post='1967398']
Live and let live but be consequent.
[/quote]
That, my friend, is marvellous. You should consider adding that to your other self-penned words of wisdom in your sig. It would help slower-witted types (like me, clearly) to easily identify the extent of your conceit/self-deification and perhaps think twice before mounting yet another failed attempt to appeal to reason.

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1360251469' post='1967412']
Not exactly the way Steve thought his thread was going to turn out I imagine.

It could do with deleting tbh, it's not a good advert for Basschat, it just looks like a lot of childish bickering.
[/quote]

Really? :S

It's not a good advert for people's reactions maybe, but it's interesting nonetheless.

[quote name='benthos' timestamp='1360251533' post='1967416']

That, my friend, is marvellous. You should consider adding that to your other self-penned words of wisdom in your sig. It would help slower-witted types (like me, clearly) to easily identify the extent of your conceit/self-deification and perhaps think twice before mounting yet another failed attempt to appeal to reason.
[/quote]

Didn't see much reasoning there, mostly just another dose of " Basschat politeness"

[quote name='Antiloco' timestamp='1360251687' post='1967424']
Didn't see much reasoning there, mostly just another dose of " Basschat politeness"
[/quote]
No reasoning there at all. Merely an observation and a suggestion. However, do please continue. I find your posts most entertaining. Sorry about that.

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1360251469' post='1967412']
Not exactly the way Steve thought his thread was going to turn out I imagine.

It could do with deleting tbh, it's not a good advert for Basschat, it just looks like a lot of childish bickering.
[/quote]

Then allow me to get things back on track:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rutyA12z3Ok[/media]

Expression.

Greatness.

Beauty.

Honesty.

Amazement.

This video has them all. When I watch this I cry; not out of being entertained but because of the sheer trancendental beauty of it. Like being connected to God himself.

[quote name='Antiloco' timestamp='1360251687' post='1967424']
[/quote]

Inti mate, why do you react so defensively? You are an interesting person, why can't we all have a conversation without provoking eachother into puerile reactive rubbish. And I know you're not the only one doing it, but really, can't you try to rise above it a little so we can talk without taking offence?

[quote name='Antiloco' timestamp='1360251396' post='1967411']
Another proof of the Basschat politeness?
[/quote]

I'd actually consider myself quite polite.

The reason I felt the need to post is because I think you're clearly and intentionally rubbing people up the wrong way. Call it trolling or whatever, but IMO it's generally a tactic used by immature people, hence my surprise that you're older than I expected.

From my experience, BC members are very much open to debate and there are always differing opinions across the different topics and threads. They rarely descend into situation like this, and from what I see, you're the common denominator.

[quote name='benthos' timestamp='1360251806' post='1967425']

No reasoning there at all. Merely an observation and a suggestion. However, do please continue. I find your posts most entertaining. Sorry about that.
[/quote]

That's what I mean by being consequent. Don't expect any kind of respect if you're unable to give some.

[quote name='Waldo' timestamp='1360251879' post='1967426']

Then allow me to get things back on track:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rutyA12z3Ok[/media]

Expression.

Greatness.

Beauty.

Honesty.

Amazement.

This video has them all. When I watch this I cry; not out of being entertained but because of the sheer trancendental beauty of it. Like being connected to God himself.
[/quote]

Good for you.

[quote name='benthos' timestamp='1360252517' post='1967447']
I can only assume you don't get the turn of phrase. Thanks for the chat - it's been enlightening.
[/quote]

To be fair, I didn't get that either. I Googled it and it seems to be quite an IT specific phrase. It means 'practice what you preach' right?

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1360252754' post='1967451']
To be fair, I didn't get that either. I Googled it and it seems to be quite an IT specific phrase. It means 'practice what you preach' right?
[/quote]
Yes, that's it. Apocryphal perhaps, but supposedly originated from the needs of pet food manufacturers to prove the quality of their product.