Why become a member? ×

Folding Amp/Cab Stand £3.99!

discreet

[b]Folding Amp/Cab Stand £3.99![/b]

When shopping in Lidl this morning (yes, I'm cheap) I noticed this 45L capacity folding crate... and of course as I'm always looking for bass-related items, I immediately saw an amp/cab stand where others may only see... camping or storage equipment, for example...

It's surprisingly sturdy when in 'crate' mode and very portable when folded flat. 27 X 35.5. X 53.5 cm. Suggested maximum weight: 34kg. I'm assuming this means how much weight you can carry in it and NOT how much weight you can stand on it when it's upside-down. ;)

So I'm now conducting an experiment and have a total of 32kg on top of it (amp in 4U rack case and a 1X12 cab) I'll let you know if the thing collapses during the course of the day... :D

I thank you. :)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1360009302' post='1963564']
That's good to know, but what have you been using them for..?
[/quote]

I've used them as general-purpose storage and transporting things.
They will take a lot of weight used in that manner, for example books or vinyl records.
Not as stands, I never thought of that use. I went for the much more expensive snake-oil, aka Gamma Pad :ph34r:

I come for the Bass related information.

I stay for the cut and thrust of intellectual discourse.

...but seriously, those things are well useful. I hope the experiment is taking place under laboratory conditions...?

[quote name='Len_derby' timestamp='1360009870' post='1963577']
I went for the much more expensive snake-oil, aka Gamma Pad :ph34r:
[/quote]

Ah yes, that's the bit of foam isn't it..? :)

[quote name='rushbo' timestamp='1360010201' post='1963583']
I hope the experiment is taking place under laboratory conditions...?
[/quote]

:D I don't know about laboratory conditions. I just turned over the crate and stuck my amp and cab on top.
No change since that happened at 10:49 this morning. I may need to try a more practical experiment in the field.

That is, at a gig - with a load of arseholes milling around like drunken skittles and bumping into things.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1360010582' post='1963589']
Ah yes, that's the bit of foam isn't it..? :)

:D I don't know about laboratory conditions. I just turned over the crate and stuck my amp and cab on top.
No change since that happened at 10:49 this morning. I may need to try a more practical experiment in the field.

That is, at a gig - with a load of arseholes milling around like drunken skittles and bumping into things.
[/quote]

...it's a glamorous life we lead, isn't it?

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1359974976' post='1962612']
[b]...[/b]I'm now conducting an experiment and have a total of 32kg on top of it (amp in 4U rack case and a 1X12 cab) I'll let you know if the thing collapses during the course of the day...
[/quote]

Made it through the night - still standing! :)