Why become a member? ×

My boys....UPDATED

The Burpster

I thought it was time to post my team of players up.

First up the Stevensville 2. PRS EB IVs one on swamp ash and the other, ash body with a flame maple 10 top.

Then the Corona 3some. Fender P 40th Anni, My H-1P Frankenfender, and the Ovation Viper. (Ovation are now owned by the big F)

Enjoy.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='203128' date='May 20 2008, 06:42 PM']Robbie Shakespeare apparently plays PRS basses. :huh:[/quote]

Just shows my ingorance---- :)

I'd never heard of him....

Just checked his webby, sure enough he has at least 2 early set-neck PRS 4s ....

They aren't teh same as my later bolt on necks, but I wouldnt mind betting he's a couple of them laying around somewhere!

thanks Steve you've educated me today! :huh:

Paul, its barely audible with the nylons on..... audible with normal strings but no match for a treble 6 string.... Its beauty lies within its plugged in tone.

I wanted an accoustic(ish) to accompany my Guitarists Adamas.... I gave up unplugged because without spending an 8x6 shed load of dosh it wasnt gonna happen....
The Viper plugged in but turned down sounds EXACTLY how an accoustic bass should sound. (to me and Neale anyhoo!)

[quote name='The Burpster' post='203466' date='May 21 2008, 08:36 AM']I wanted an acoustic(ish) to accompany my guitarist's Adamas.... I gave up unplugged because without spending an 8x6 shed load of dosh it wasn't gonna happen....[/quote]

You guys must sound great. Adamas' are rare breed indeed (with the carbon fibre top) and the Viper is a great bass !!

• 7 months later...

Well I thought you were a due an update... (I have owed Walbassist these for a while :P )

So first up is the New Baritone, a starightforward Mike Mushok sig SE Gotoh knobs and Schallers but other than that std....

Second is my new acquisition, an (ex John "Rhino" Edwards) PRS EB IV which has now been 'Bobbed'.
Stripped down, fret job, nut relocated , new Hippy tuners (D-tuner on E), Pups stripped and rebuilt, Bart 2 band Pre-amp with stacked knob, battrey box fitted and bridge bead blasted and sprayed black to match the new Hippies. Havent yet fitted the Bassmute but its ready to go on.

Not everyones cup of tea but I love it..... I tried GHS flats and D'adds 40-100 but now have 50-105 Chromes on and it sings......

I put my trusty Swampy in the pic too as it can't bear to be left out of photos!

;)

[quote name='The Burpster' post='383821' date='Jan 18 2009, 11:19 AM']Well I thought you were a due an update... (I have owed Walbassist these for a while :P )

So first up is the New Baritone, a starightforward Mike Mushok sig SE Gotoh knobs and Schallers but other than that std....

Second is my new acquisition, an (ex John "Rhino" Edwards) PRS EB IV which has now been 'Bobbed'.
Stripped down, fret job, nut relocated , new Hippy tuners (D-tuner on E), Pups stripped and rebuilt, Bart 2 band Pre-amp with stacked knob, battrey box fitted and bridge bead blasted and sprayed black to match the new Hippies. Havent yet fitted the Bassmute but its ready to go on.

Not everyones cup of tea but I love it..... I tried GHS flats and D'adds 40-100 but now have 50-105 Chromes on and it sings......

I put my trusty Swampy in the pic too as it can't bear to be left out of photos!

;)[/quote]

Ah, there you go, good work Bob!