Why become a member? ×

Bass Guitar Mag - Subscription

Lozz196

Last week I subscribed to BGM for a year, cost of £38.25, which, when considering the mag is £4.25, that in itself is a good deal.

So I was very surprised when yesterday, a Hercules Folding Stand, Guitar Man GM15C Mini Clip-on Tuner, 20 foot Kirlin cable, and a Kirlin leads bag turned up.

I probably won`t use the bag or lead, but the tuner is very nice, easy to use, and easy to see. The stand is a good size to put in a gig-bag/leads case etc.

So anyone out there considering subscribing, it`s worth it.

• 1 month later...

They are NOT having my money for the rubbish they print no matter how much cheap Chinese tat they throw at me. I subscribed for years and all they could muster was absolute rubbish. BGM is one of the poorest products I have ever bought. I thought that after Mr McIver took over it would get better but the last issue I had earlier this year with the missing Mike Lull review was the final straw. BGM is a rip off in my opinion and after supporting it for years I am now going to adopt a seal with the money instead.

I've let my subscription slip this year.

Even the free gift couldn't tempt me. Last years one never arrived and the year before I had to make numerous phone calls before they finally sent it.

I know it has new ownership now but just feel totally hacked off with it.

Plus they need to use a bigger font size for us more senior readers :(

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the Dave Marks Melodic Bass Player articles in this magazine. So much so I bought all the back issues digitally - at £2.49 apiece. A 6 issue subscription is £9.99 and for 12 it's £18.99. No freebies of course.

And then what happened is that the iPad app kept crashing, preventing me from accessing any issues. They didn't reply to my email requests for help, either, & that was frustrating. But the most recent app update has sorted it out and it works beautifully now.

• 3 weeks later...

I' a long term subscriber to BGM, to my mind it is going down hill a bit, it need more transcriptions, the lesson are not bad, the style studies are interesting, some of the reviews are OK, I liked Stuart Claytons (I like his books to, The Chic and Entwistle ones are superb) stuff, but overall I find it a little lacking, not that Bass player (usa) is vastly better either as it seems all consumed with jazz jaco'lytes or double thumbing slap mania, which is alright until you have it month after month after month, at the moment there is no a decent all round bass mag on the market, I keep my figures crossed for BGM

• 3 weeks later...