Why become a member? ×

Double necks!

Wooks79

I personally wouldnt mind having one, as i like to use a looper pedal and not having to change guitars would be awesome.

I had a mazeti one a while ago, it was a 7/5 string one with a floyd rose. It was massivly heavy, but awesome to play, and got a ton of looks from people as i was taking it to the music shop to sell.

Ive seen a few people make them from chopping up a squier strat and P bass and sticking them together.

With regards to makes, rickenbacker made one a few years ago, and shergold did one. Charvel and washburn have had a go at doing a few too, danelectro too, and even alembic.

Anyway, here are some pictures that ive collected of some awesome ones:

Shergold (they actually did a detachable one too)

Charvel

Home made strat-p

Washburn, i think

A ricky

Alembic

And a cool looking one

And heres a danelectro, hillel from chili peppers played one in the movie "thrashin"

Edited by tommorichards

Shameless plug for my BILs Gretsch double neck guitar/baritone. :unsure: :)

Thread here [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/150586-gretsch-g5566-jettm-double-neck-l375-ono/page__p__1884515__hl__gretsch__fromsearch__1#entry1884515"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry1884515[/url]

I seem to have deleted the pictures when doing some tidying up of my profile, so here are a couple.

Offers around £350...

Edited by Paul S

Hi,

Haven't realy had time to have a good look at everything yet. Cooked for 13 yesterday, plus the ensuing party. Girlfriend's daughter, husband and 3 year old here today. Back to work tomorrow.

The quick look I have had shows a lightweight body that seems to be fully routed and drilled. The necks look nice, both 24 fret jobs. Just need the headstock shaping. The electrics do look a bit low spec but I'm going to be doing some rework here. I'm going to create two seperate channels using twinned pots, I can't afford the split ones (~£20 each!) so both necks will have the same settings. The outputs will go to a stereo jack, I can then send each output to it's own processor and the into both inputs on my aged Sound City 120 head.

Once (hopefully) we have moved, I'll get to doing a build diary. Don't hold your breath it's taken 5 years to get the place sold, got the final paperwork signed and ready to go back to the solicitors tomorrow. Just hopeing nothing goes wrong (again!)

Cheers,

Doug

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1356523862' post='1910702']
Shameless plug for my BILs Gretsch double neck guitar/baritone. :unsure: :)

Thread here [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/150586-gretsch-g5566-jettm-double-neck-l375-ono/page__p__1884515__hl__gretsch__fromsearch__1#entry1884515"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry1884515[/url]

I seem to have deleted the pictures when doing some tidying up of my profile, so here are a couple.

Offers around £350...
[/quote]

Had it been bass/guitar I would have snapped it up already ;)

That's not [b]the[/b] Comedy of Errors (as in Scottish prog band from the 80s) is it?

Here are my two doublenecks:

1975 4080 BG--------------------------1982 4080/12 MG

I used to have a Steinberger Spirit 4/6 and a rather unpleasant thing from somewhere around Korea, but both got nicked from the house we had in Ealing in 2010.

Unfortunately I don't play any prog now, but when I was doing the Rush tribute thing, they did get used.

Edited by jonsmith

Thanks for the reply Doug I look at the kit as a starting point with potential to upgrade. Main thing is that the Necks and body are passable everything else can be upgraded as and when, if needed. I was thinking about two outputs into two amps or even two DI boxes probably through a stereo jack socket into and A/B /Y box with stereo jack in (bass and Guitar and two mono jacks out (one to each amp or DI box). I only plan to use it on 3 or 4 songs in our set and doubt if I will ever use both bass and guitar settings at once. I was also intigued to see what one was like everyone says they are heavy but I can put up with that for a few songs. I am considering joining a woodwork class to use a band saw for the headstock scrolling and perhaps the use of sanding belt. I doubt mine will arrive much before new year.
Kev

Hi,

Not sure what the body is but it is light. WIthout anything fitted it feels really light.

The pickups look o.k. but I won't know until I get them wired up. The machine heads also look reasonable together with the two bridges. I think running the two sets of wiring individual is the way to go. Personally I'm going to rewire my outboard volume pedal to have two channels. Stereo in and two mono outputs then I can send each signal path wherever I want.

The initial finish of the body looks quite good. I'm thinking of a couple of coats of sanding sealer and then some black car paint with a varnish topping. Necks will get done with danish oil. I used it on my £21 de-fret and it works out really well, I'm also going to fit a second three way switch for the bass pickups. This works fine on my fretless so I'm going to use it again.

Best of luck.

Cheers,

Doug

[quote name='jonsmith' timestamp='1356564014' post='1911296']
That's not [b]the[/b] Comedy of Errors (as in Scottish prog band from the 80s) is it?

Here are my two doublenecks:

1975 4080 BG--------------------------1982 4080/12 MG

I used to have a Steinberger Spirit 4/6 and a rather unpleasant thing from somewhere around Korea, but both got nicked from the house we had in Ealing in 2010.

Unfortunately I don't play any prog now, but when I was doing the Rush tribute thing, they did get used.
[/quote]

Your 1975 4080 is a real beauty.