Why become a member? ×

New!

Squidman

Hey everyone,

I'm Squidman from Jordan. I'm 21, and currently studying Water/Environmental Engineering and it's management in Germany as a foreign exchange student for a whole year.

About 7 years ago, I bought a Yamaha electric guitar and fiddled around with it for a couple of years before giving up. It was not my instrument.

In about 3 weeks or so, I plan on buying a bass guitar. I'm still not that familiar with bass guitar culture, and with the differences between Precision Bass and J-Bass, but that's the reason why I joined these forums to start with.

I want to know everything 'bout Bass guitars, so I'll be lurking around these forums from now on.

Cheers

Welcome to basschat and thank you for your enquiry your custom is very much valued to us. The answer to your question is

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b][size=8]J[/size][/b][/font]

Thank You :lol:

oh btw you need a picture of a cat in your avatar

its the rules apparently :rolleyes:

i heard it was something to do with Ped intending to register the domain name of basscat.co.uk but a slip of the fingers and it ended up as basschat or something like that :huh:

Edited by steve-bbb

Hi Squidman,

Welcome to BC. Read away and ask away! There are heaps of people just waiting to provide you with answers, and the stored fora are [i][b]large[/b][/i]. Tell us a little about budget and stuf, and we'll be shooting good advice at you.

Nice to read you're from Jordan. That defies some of the preposition.
Might be a first too.

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1355672000' post='1901153']
oh btw you need a picture of a cat in your avatar
[/quote]

Yeah! You must comply, like I did with my CAT.
Oh ... wait! [size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Walter Sobchak [i][b]is[/b][/i] a cat[/font][/size] - a cool one at that. Good work then!

Now enjoy, and don't be hesitant to ask.

best.
bert

Welcome Squidman!
Remember, Fender is emphatically [b]not[/b] the only make of bass you can look at. And, the choice is far wider than between P or J (as generic types of bass). I would suggest you find a nice music store in your German town or its vicinity (if you happen to live anywhere near Thomann or Warwick, I [b]sooo[/b] envy you!!), and look at, and play, and listen to as many models of bass you can get you hands on. Doesn't matter whether you can actually play one or not, you can ask the guys at the store for help. Do it! Have fun! :)

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1355689553' post='1901440']
Welcome Squidman!
Remember, Fender is emphatically [b]not[/b] the only make of bass you can look at
[/quote]
Squier all the way!!!
[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1355691316' post='1901482']
... and pretty ones at that, both cat (it seems) and avatar.
[/quote]
where are the whiskers? :P

:crigon_04:

• 3 weeks later...