Why become a member? ×

FS: Fender logoed JV Precision Bass '57ri 1982 £1099 WOOOOP!

LukeFRC

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]So I've been umming and ahhing about this for a while now - and GAS for something else has got the better of me....[/font]
[color=#ff0000][size=8][b] WITHDRAWN[/b][/size][/color]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][color=#008000][b]Amazing first edition JV Squier '57ri in great condition. An amazing player and sounds awesome, a great growl to the sound. It's the best P bass, or even Fender I've played.[/b][/color][/font]

[b][color=#008000][size=5][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Good things: [/font][/size][/color][/b]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]pretty much bang on 9lb with the strap. [/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]plays great, sounds great.
almost all original[/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]great condition, frets look unplayed. [/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Comes in a pretty good (but not perfect condition) Hiscox Hardcase. [/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Collectable/desirable etc. I only say this as before I have had someone thinking of buying so he could keep his USA vintage reissue safe under the bed and this could be his beater to chuck around. Not only is this backwards but you want to do this I don't want to sell it to you! [/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b][color=#008000][size=5]Bad things: [/size][/color][/b][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Slight fading on the pick guard where there used to be a sticker.[/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]One of the tuners has a tiny bend to it. [/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]The pickup.... is an original JV pickup - cloth covered wires and raised A polepieces. But it's not the original one to this bass but one I picked up to return it to an all original state. One of the pickup covers is cracked too and I need to replace (a £10 part) but I've never got around to buying one, if you want I can.[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][color=#008000][b][size=5]Why am I selling?[/size][/b][/color]
Simply cos I want a thumb bass, since chrisdabass at Alpher sorted the frets on my Streamer out I've been playing that exclusively. There is also part of me that doesn't like gigging this as I don't want to damage it.[/font]

[size=4][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][b][color=#008000]What do I want?[/color][/b][/font][/size]
[b][color=#ff0000][size=8]WITHDRAWN[/size][/color][/b]
[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]If you know what this is... you know that that is a good price. [/font]

[size=4][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][color=#008000][b]Can I try it out? [/b][/color]
Sure, come over for a cuppa, I'm in Leeds

[color=#008000][b]Can you post it?[/b][/color][/font][/size]
[size=4][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Sure if you pay for it. Anywhere in the UK, and EU. Reserve the right to think about outside the EU....

[b][color=#008000]Can you do a recording of what it sounds like? [/color][/b]
Probably not, unless I just plug it straight into the mic in of an iMac...
[url="http://youtu.be/dN9CC0_K9bA?t=1m52s"]http://youtu.be/dN9CC0_K9bA?t=1m52s[/url][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][color=#008000][b]I'm a collector of JV P basses, and this looks like one of the best examples in the world- do you have more detailed photos?[/b][/color]
Why thank you. and yes, here.... [url="http://s1230.beta.photobucket.com/user/LukeFRC/library/JV"]http://s1230.beta.ph...eFRC/library/JV[/url][/font][/size]

[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][color=#008000][b]Luke[/b][/color][/font] Edited by LukeFRC

[center][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=8][color=#FF0000]FAQ[/color][/size][/font][/center]

[left][color=#008000][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][b]Will you sell it to me for a trade for my really really great Stagg bass?[/b][/font][/color][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif] [/font][/left]
[left][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]er no thanks, I'm pretty clear what I want to replace this with.
[b][color=#008000]Will you trade for my Uber-bass with £1000 coming my way t[/color][/b][b][color=#008000]oo?[/color][/b] Er, you can try me with things like that if you want but I doubt I have much money to chuck into a deal!

[b][color=#008000]What the hell, why on earth is a Squier bass this much? are you an idiot? etc etc[/color][/b]
While my main advice would be to get out more and make something of your life more than insulting folk on the web, Please look to the search bar of your favourite browser - type in JV squier and have a read.

[b][color=#008000]I pay half you post and pay rest when get here to Ukraine?[/color][/b]
Er no. Unless you are one of a select band of members you pay first then I post. [/font][/left]

[left][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][b][color=#008000]Have you got any more info about JV Squiers? [/color][/b]
No, but this webiste does: [/font]http://www.21frets.com[/left]

[left][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]whats the best way of making you a lower offer to see if you want it?
That would be by sending me a PM please.

[b][color=#008000]If I send you a message telling you how much it's really worth and that my offer is doing you a favour would you be more likely to sell it to me?[/color][/b]
Funnily enough no. If you have advice about pricing then that's not a bad thing, if it's the type like "my mate paul looking for one of these but would only pay £1000" then get Paul to email me.... If you really think I will sell it to you for £50 and you're doing me a favour.... do you think this is Gumtree or something?[/font][/left]

[left][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif"][b][color=#008000]I'm going to defiantly buy it, I'll send the money now.[/color][/b][/font][/left]
[left][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif"]Ok
[b][color=#008000]No wait, I would send you the money, but my overpriced bass must sell first, you keep it for me until it sells/I go through uni and get a job? [/color][/b]
Mate, there are no jobs when you get through Uni, sorry to break it to you, have a fun 3 years. [/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][color=#008000][b]Are the strings on it new?[/b][/color][/font][/left]
[left][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Yep[/font][/left]

[left][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][color=#008000][b]If I sit watching this will you drop the price?[/b][/color]
No, not how I work- see I don't [i]need[/i] to sell this bass, some would say I am an idiot too. If you want a lower price then try offering me a lower price, or wait till another 1st edition JV P bass in this sort of condition comes up at a lower price. [/font]Oh and a "what's your best price mate" won't make me happy either.[/left]

[left]
[color=#008000][b]Is this a Fender or a Squier? [/b][/color]
Oh padawan, you have much to learn.... [/left]

[quote name='clashcityrocker' timestamp='1355179159' post='1895204']
[b][color=#008000]That advert was a joy to read! Glws[/color][/b]
[/quote]
Thank you - I'm lost in the new classifieds section, lost.
[quote name='skidder652003' timestamp='1355179457' post='1895210']
[color=#008000][b]Ha Ha Brilliant. :lol: If you sell this bass, you know you're an idiot right?[/b][/color]
[/quote]
Hello skidder652003 - the key word their is if. But you raise an interesting point.... maybe I would be an idiot, I take it if you were me you would keep it!
[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1355179800' post='1895217']
[color=#008000][b]It doesn't say anywhere in the ad which country it's from?, Is it Indonesian or Mexican??[/b][/color]
[/quote] Good spot from the eagle eyed Rick - apart from the tiny print on the headstock that says 'Made in Japan' - yes boys and girls, the finest Japanese manufacturing. Now the next point that will be raised is there's always someone who thinks that only americans know how to make fender type basses- like it's not a real one unless it says Made in USA on it. well I'm sorry this punctures that idea.

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1355179800' post='1895217']
Stop tempting me with this Luke......not good, I've bought far too many new (old) things recently!!! Now go away, and take your old Squier with you!
[/quote]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7jJnwEeiU0

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b][color=#008000]Are you going to bump your thread every hour?[/color][/b][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]No, that would be unfair on everyone else wouldn't it- It's better to wait the requested 36 hours before bumping in order to keep Ped happy and give other folk a chance. I mean there are some great other basses on here - Gareth has a nice JV jazz, Greenking has a rathernice Yamaha TRB 4 string amongst others and Ashford1985 has a feeler out on a rather nice looking ACG, that I would like myself if I thought I could pull off a singlecut. [/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b][color=#008000]But I'm impatient! I have this bass I want to sell. I don't have TIM to wait! [/color][/b][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Well you should. It's just nicer that way. Tell you what, Waynes world clips in your thread may earn you a free bump from someone[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1355222980' post='1895466'][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b][color=#008000]Brilliant Luke. :lol: :lol:
This ad should be sent to everybody who puts up
"bass for sale, call 00000 123456"[/color][/b]
[/quote][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Thank you, I try. Pretty pictures and words hopefully help. [/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][quote name='K-Dog109' timestamp='1355332805' post='1897102']
[b][color=#008000]Must...resist...PM...
I swear by these JVs mate, but I don't need another. I haven't broken a string in 4 years so no need for a backup!
Good luck with the sale, your detailed post needs to go into the "how-to" section of basschat.
All the best.[/color][/b]
[/quote][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Thanks again. I havn't broken a string since that unfortunate time I was using an electronic tuner and not thinking. E string went 'Ping' - luckily it wasn't this bass so no damage was done. Feel free to PM to say Hi even if you are resisting. It's always nice to talk to new people.[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][quote name='skidder652003' timestamp='1355345735' post='1897306']
[size=4][b][color=#008000]Would never sell that baby, but then again Im clueless about Warwicks [/color][/b][/size]
[/quote][/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]I am not sure if you are referring to the bass as 'baby' or me. Either way you may be right- maybe I will end up regretting selling this. Seeing there is a thread about a early 80's American '57ri not being overpriced at £1500... maybe I will.... *thinks*[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1355350844' post='1897381'][/font]
[size=4][b][color=#008000][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Funny you say that Luke, it's exactly what my head says..everytime I see it !!! :unsure:[/font][/color][/b][/size]
[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][/quote]complete that collection of JV models you have... mind you this made me think of you too.... [/font][url="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-The-Ultimate-Action-Figure-Collection-Lot-1-950-Loose-Figs-From-Book-/121030841377?item=121030841377&ViewItem=&nma=true&si=3l5ADrRzC%2B7tKVDDbjOIYqyHA1w%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557"]http://www.ebay.com/...=p2047675.l2557[/url]

Edited by LukeFRC

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1355354006' post='1897434']
[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]... mind you this made me think of you too.... [/font][url="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-The-Ultimate-Action-Figure-Collection-Lot-1-950-Loose-Figs-From-Book-/121030841377?item=121030841377&ViewItem=&nma=true&si=3l5ADrRzC%2B7tKVDDbjOIYqyHA1w%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557"]http://www.ebay.com/...=p2047675.l2557[/url]
[/quote]

:lol: Nice haul!!

[color=#008000][b][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Is it time for another bump? [/font][/b][/color]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Just about[/font]
[b][color=#008000][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Have I been snowed under with offers and people clamouring to get this bass.... [/font][/color][/b]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]No.[/font]
[b][color=#008000][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Is is a fair bit rarer and about 25% less than the 1982 US P bass folk were talking about in the bass forum. [/font][/color][/b]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Probably. [/font]

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1355355226' post='1897454']
:lol: Nice haul!!
[/quote]
I know, Would have been nice to see in real life.
[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1355361286' post='1897502']
best ad i've seen on here
[/quote]
thanks
[quote name='Hutton' timestamp='1355391561' post='1897618']
A truly beautiful example of a JV. All the best with the sale Luke!
[/quote]
thanks again!

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1355527561' post='1899744']
Good choice of new bass! Hope you find a good one ;)

ps fancy selling your SS1 yet? ;)
[/quote] Hi man

I've found a good one, from 1987! Just need someone to buy this first - so far - little interest

and in a short answer..... no

:D

[quote name='MoJoKe' timestamp='1356009487' post='1905612']
I am very surprised to see you doing this! I suspect, given a month or so without it you may be begging to buy it back, or mine (which is only a couple of '000 different on the serial number and not for sale!)...
[/quote] You may very well be right there. Up until recently I had questioned the possibility of selling it enough to think that if I stuck up up for sale and someone came in and was really after it then it might go and make them happy.
The ACG eq I just stuck in my warwick however is a bit of a shock of baseness - so I after thinking through all that, I dunno. I would quite like a thumb, If it doesn't look like it's going to happen then I'll keep this - and liek you say probably be very glad in a year or so's time about it.