Why become a member? ×

Look what Sandberg made me!

Herbie The Rad Dorklift

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1354119174' post='1882311']
Wow, the two best looking Sandberg's on BC belong to the same person. How lucky are you :-)
[/quote]

I resent that.

Sandberg are making some quality stuff. and a lot of the custom options possible don't really cost the earth either.

They may be making them but ive not seen (m)any that appeal to me. Cant stand all that "relic'ed" rubbish, i think most of their necks look boring due to no fret markers, and that covers most Sandbergs on here IMO.

I realise one of the basses above has non but i love the overall look of it anyway, probably due to the non rosewood fingerboard.

Im only saying what i feel. The best looking bass i have ever seen/played is a Blackburst PM5 (that had neck issues so i didnt buy it) so im not slagging off Sandberg as such, just saying i personally dont like the look of a lot of their basses, no matter how good they play or sound.

Each to his own,.

I must admit I like the Sandberg take on a P and J but I'm not into the relic look, no matter how good it is. BUT, for some reason I like the simple Fender Roadworn Jazz in Fiesta Red...weird.

I was very close to ordering a custom order but I started to realise that for my kinda 'tone', I'm after either a Musicman, or a passive Fender P or J. The normal boring trio apart from the oddball Musicman basses I like.

Sandbergs are very cool looking though. Nice basses in the pics!

[quote name='Joker2807' timestamp='1354124339' post='1882423']
if they had a go at making a precision .. id be very very tempted but your new Jazz looks awesome man
[/quote]

They have! Check their website :)

IMO, for my tone, I prefer the normal Fender P pickups over the Delano's, purely because the Delano's are quite precise and modern, and I prefer just a rough n ready P bass tone.

SWEEEET! Aaarrrgghhh so jealous! Mine should be here in the next few weeks (ordered in June!).

Can understand why you haven't owned any other brands; I haven't looked back since I bought my first one a couple of years ago (now living with PrimeBass!) and I can't see that I'll bother straying from Sandberg for the foreseeable future, they're just perfect for me!

Hope you have many happy years together!

+1 to contacting Alan at Synergy.