Why become a member? ×

GONE: Fender Jap Unlined Fretless 62 Reissue P bass in Sonic blue: GONE

Old Horse Murphy

For sale is a beautiful Fender Japan 62 Reissue Bass with unlined rosewood neck in a sonic blue/surf green factory finish. To be honest, I can't decide on the colour. It's definitely got a greeny hue and looks wonderful in the flesh.

The bass is lightweight (approx 8.5lbs) and plays wonderfully; easily the best fretless I've owned.

It has been fitted with a Seymour Duncan SPB1 vintage sounding pickup and is fitted with TI Flats. The pickup is a bit earthy, but easily fixed. Basically, my soldering iron is not hot enough to earth the electrics particularly well.

Overall condition is very good. It has a few indents/dings (one between the second and third fret position and a few on the lower edge of the body). None of them affect playability and are difficult to photograph although I've tried my best.

This hasn't had much use recently but I've always had great compliments about the sound. I'l also include a used set of Fender Nylon flats with the sale.

It doesn't come with a gig bag but will be well packaged if necessary.

I'm looking for £510 for this. It is a very unusual fretless bass (you won't see many around) and easily compares to the new American Fenders in terms of build quality.

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...