Why become a member? ×

dont like the 'new classifieds' - everything lumped together..nah!

Shonks

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1353523465' post='1875641']
Is the classified section going to replace the 'For Sale' forums?

I'm not fussed, just asking. :)
[/quote]

When it's finished, that's the plan. Lets see what happens :)

Cheers!

ahh...the filters..does that mean you dont like bumping and this is the solution? maybe i do like then.
I just wish the search windows all over the site would be more specific, like searching the titles only instead of absolutely everying posted. So much irrelevant info in all search results .

[quote name='Shonks' timestamp='1353524917' post='1875663']
ahh...the filters..does that mean you dont like bumping and this is the solution? maybe i do like then.
I just wish the search windows all over the site would be more specific, like searching the titles only instead of absolutely everying posted. So much irrelevant info in all search results .
[/quote]

Hi

The new classifieds will bring about better results in the searching of that particular section. In other areas of the site we are looking at improving the search index and refining it some more, so rest assured its something we would like to improve, too.

The new classifieds will look so much better when it's finished, too. Give it a while to settle in and we'll see how it's going then :)

Cheers!

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1353525125' post='1875669']
Hi

The new classifieds will bring about better results in the searching of that particular section. In other areas of the site we are looking at improving the search index and refining it some more, so rest assured its something we would like to improve, too.

The new classifieds will look so much better when it's finished, too. Give it a while to settle in and we'll see how it's going then :)

Cheers!
[/quote] okies....it all seems cool, but you know me by now. I like to evoke a discussion, and it looks as though i have.

[quote name='Shonks' timestamp='1353525410' post='1875679']
okies....it all seems cool, but you know me by now. I like to evoke a discussion, and it looks as though i have.
[/quote]

Heh yeah that's what we're here for! Thanks for the input.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1353538726' post='1875951']
Sorry if I missed this already, but the classified ads don't seem to be listed in 'view new content' for the forum.

Is this likely to change, or is that how it is?

Ta!
[/quote]

On the 'view new content' bit there's a classifieds bit you can highlight. That will bring them all up, albeit in a seperate filter to regular forum threads.

Cheers

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1353572571' post='1876095']
Ah - OK. Cheers, Ped.

It does feel like the social element has been removed from the classified side of things, which is a shame.

I'm sure I'll get used to it... eventually. :)
[/quote]it does, but a lot of it was 'bull': 'wish I had the money'... 'if I hadn't just just bought a Porche I'd 've had this' etc etc :D

Edited by Shonks

I'm not a great lover of change and remember when the appearance of the forum changed a while back..I wasn't in favour at the time but soon got used to it..I'm sure that in a few months time I'll have got used to the new layout and will prefer the changes...I know the team have been working hard on the improvements so that we all benefit in the long run..

I think the move to 'classifieds' style selling makes sales seem a bit more private. I don't think this is a good thing at BC, because the kind of peer review of for sale threads that we've had in the past has always been a positive addition IMHO. I certainly feel a lot more comfortable buying from people who are discussing their item openly than I would through a classified ad - even though these are the same people they seem more anonymous through that kind of listing.

Just my opinion.

don't like the new 'classified' section AT ALL!!

now we've got two sections to sell??! and the picture uploader doesn't work today in either place - basic or advanced :(

can we just have the old sales forum please? don't like the new 'gumtree' style of the new section. it wasn't broken - why is it getting 'fixed'??!