Why become a member? ×

MIM '50s Precision Bass - SOLD

skej21

Up for sale is my well-loved MIM Classic Series '50s Precision Bass (offical spec - [url="http://www.fender.com/en-GB/products/50s-precision-bass"]http://www.fender.co...-precision-bass[/url])

As you can tell from the pictures, I have gigged this bass extensively since it's original purchase in 2008 and as a result, there are a number of dings, bumps and wear that reflect this.

I have, however, made a number of small alterations to the bass that include a different neckplate (with late '50s serial number), chrome pickup/bridge covers, thumbrest and rear headstock strap button. The bass is also strung with a set of D'addario Chromes and comes with it's official Fender owner's pack but I no longer own the anodized aluminium pickguard. The bass will be shipped in a hardcase via UPS next day delivery, although collection/meet up (north yorkshire) is also negotiable.

These basses are fantastic and as a die-hard Jazz/Jap Fender fan it converted me to Precisions. However, I've decided that I'm much more comfortable with a Jazz and would like to move this on to a better home with a precision fan who will play it as intended!

These currently retail around £620, so I'm looking for SOLD (O.V.N.O & no trades please) via paypal gift, bank transfer or cash on collection. This price includes chrome covers, owner's pack, hardcase and Next Day P&P. Any questions/offers via PM please.

I'm still undecided about selling this so may withdraw if there is little interest.

Thanks for looking

Edited by skej21

Thanks for the replies guys! Totally agree that these are great basses but I've recently discovered that a Jazz with flats is the sound I was trying to get when I bought this, so I'm moving it on to someone who will play/gig it, as it currently just sits under the bed :(

Any precision player will love this.

That's absolutely gorgeous. I'm currently up to four Precisions (and trying to sell one of those!) so really must resist :lol:

BTW, being ultra-pedantic, the strap button on the back of the Precision headstock was introduced in 1960, and wasn't actually there for the maple board 50s Precisions. Still looks the part though!

Edited by simon1964

[quote name='simon1964' timestamp='1349634574' post='1828541']
That's absolutely gorgeous. I'm currently up to four Precisions (and trying to sell one of those!) so really must resist :lol:

BTW, being ultra-pedantic, the strap button on the back of the Precision headstock was introduced in 1960, and wasn't actually there for the maple board 50s Precisions. Still looks the part though!
[/quote]

I put it there for practicality, not historical accuracy. As you can see from the wear, I use it a lot!