Why become a member? ×

My collection of fine basses for sale!

Gunsfreddy2003

I am making a major change to my bass set up and as part of this I am going to be selling all of my current basses.

Left to right I have a Ken Smith Designs KSD 704 Proto-J with an upgraded EBS pre-amp on board, next is my faithful old Warwick Thumb Bass with a thru neck. I have owned this bass for the last 15 years and I think that it was built in 1990. It has seen some use (gigs/recording) but is in great condition for it's age.

The Musicman Sterling is "under offer" from a fellow BC'er but not 100% sold just yet!

The MM 'Ray is 1991 and fretless and in excellent condition all round.

If you are interested in any of these basses the PM me and we can talk money and I can send more detailed pics of each bass.

Edited by Gunsfreddy2003

Hi,

Paid a visit to my local music shop last week and saw the guy who owns it who is a fountain of bass knowledge and he had advised that I should look at achieve about £1,300 for the Thumb and £600 for the Ken Smith.

Hope that helps.

Mark

[quote name='BassManKev' post='192212' date='May 5 2008, 01:35 PM']how much you after for the ken smith and the thumb????[/quote]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='192511' date='May 5 2008, 10:09 PM']Hi,

Paid a visit to my local music shop last week and saw the guy who owns it who is a fountain of bass knowledge and he had advised that I should look at achieve about £1,300 for the Thumb and £600 for the Ken Smith.

Hope that helps.

Mark[/quote]
il warn you about the thumb, you will struggle, as with the stingray the market is on its arse

My friend just picked up the 5'er version of the KSD with EBS pre for £600, very nice basses so have a bump!

Also, might i suggest slightly amending the title of the thread, people might think you're selling a 'Bass Collection' brand bass!

good luck
Si

Hi Si,

Good point - noted and actioned!

I have had a few e-mails ref the basses and it looks like the guide prices given by the local shop may be a tad optimistic. Bottom line is that I need to shift these basses to get on to my next project so they do have to go.

I am happy to talk "sensible" money with interested parties though.

Thanks

Mark

[quote name='Sibob' post='192603' date='May 6 2008, 01:44 AM']My friend just picked up the 5'er version of the KSD with EBS pre for £600, very nice basses so have a bump!

Also, might i suggest slightly amending the title of the thread, people might think you're selling a 'Bass Collection' brand bass!

good luck
Si[/quote]

Small world and all that - lovely stingray Mark, must have been very kind of the other half to buy it for a Christmas present? :) Unless it changed hands already that is...

How would I know such a thing...oh yea it was mine! Nice stingray in great condition for the year, best of luck with selling it.

J

No you are right and she is one in a million.

Sadly it is my lack of ability that has dented my confidence with the fretless!

Yes you are right it is in amazing condition for the year - you must have looked after her well?

Whoever buys it will be chuffed just as I was at Xmas!

Mark

[quote name='Legion' post='192831' date='May 6 2008, 12:29 PM']Small world and all that - lovely stingray Mark, must have been very kind of the other half to buy it for a Christmas present? :) Unless it changed hands already that is...

How would I know such a thing...oh yea it was mine! Nice stingray in great condition for the year, best of luck with selling it.

J[/quote]

I keep reminding my girlfriend about buying me a nice bass - doesnt seem to be sinking in though :)

That was a fast transition bass, I bought it at my stingray height where I had 4 Stingrays and realised things had gotten out of hand so it hardly got played before I thinned the collection.

So I can't really take the credit for it's great condition

J

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='192865' date='May 6 2008, 12:51 PM']No you are right and she is one in a million.

Sadly it is my lack of ability that has dented my confidence with the fretless!

Yes you are right it is in amazing condition for the year - you must have looked after her well?

Whoever buys it will be chuffed just as I was at Xmas!

Mark[/quote]

Bought the Sterling - great guitar in great condition - can recommend the rest of the collection, especially the Warwick and the Musicman, to everyone.

Good guitars, sold by a good person - buy with confidence, guys -

Mark - have a bump

Thanks for the kind words - equally a great and honest buyer and pleasure to do business with!!

Ken Smith could be yours in a few months time!

[quote name='ALFIE NOAKES 900' post='197597' date='May 12 2008, 11:06 PM']Bought the Sterling - great guitar in great condition - can recommend the rest of the collection, especially the Warwick and the Musicman, to everyone.

Good guitars, sold by a good person - buy with confidence, guys -

Mark - have a bump[/quote]