Why become a member? ×

SOLD ZON HYPERBASS 6 string Custom, Like New!!!!!!!!! now 4,495 Euros

portraitoftracy

This bass is truly in better condition than a bass you would buy brand new from the store. The plastic is still on the control cavity. Almost no sign of even being played on the fingerboard. This bass is simply insane but I don't play 6 strings, as much as I want to keep it since it is probably the coolest bass I have every owned I need to pass it on. This is the skinniest neck you will ever find from front to back! I am the second owner, you will see the original owner had his initials put on the back of the headstock by ZON, these can be removed.

mahogany body
quilted maple top
matching pickup cover
clear gloss finish
9.3 pounds
11/16 inch string spacing
2 1/8 inch at nut
2 7/8 at 12th fret
34 inch scale
side fret markers
two outputs, one for the magnetic pickup and one for the piezo's built into the bridge
controls for piezo bass and treble are in the control cavity
the controls on the bass are vol(magnetic) vol(piezo) bass mid and treble, with frequency switches inside the control cavity for the treble and mids
OHSC with all candy and unsigned warranty card
the list price on the bass would be around 7,995 euros

SOLD

Edited by portraitoftracy

Whoa...I've never seen one of these up for sale before. I would buy it just for the cool (or weird, depending on your outlook) factor...but I don't have the money, I can't play 6 strings, I would get lost trying to figure out what to do with 3 octaves, and my Michael Manring impersonation has much left to be desired :D
But its an awesome looking thing.

[quote name='portraitoftracy' timestamp='1348952485' post='1820162']
it is probably the coolest bass I have every owned
[/quote]

This coming from the guy with like a million Foderas...then its got to be special!

If you were in the UK I could offer you a nice 4 string Hyperbass in part-ex plus cash your way obviously.
(I have the only 2 Hyperbass in the UK as far as I know, but a four and a six would be ever better! Erm, to the tune of two, I guess)

Edited by GremlinAndy

This is the only 6er Hyperbass ever made. It does not have the detuners, which I prefer. It is strung with regular gauge strings. Personally I never explored the altered tuning thing, too much for me. Even the hyperbass 4 I used to own didn't have the detuners. It is just a monster 6 string fretless with a 3 octave range.

[quote name='portraitoftracy' timestamp='1349222941' post='1823645']
This is the only 6er Hyperbass ever made. It does not have the detuners, which I prefer. It is strung with regular gauge strings. Personally I never explored the altered tuning thing, too much for me. Even the hyperbass 4 I used to own didn't have the detuners. It is just a monster 6 string fretless with a 3 octave range.
[/quote]

It's absolutely beautiful. I LOVE the shape of the Hyperbass.

[quote name='marcblum' timestamp='1349258004' post='1823825']
incredible Bass! where can I get some soundsamples of THIS ONE?

Import to germany would add 30% yaxes and declaration fees, ending up at 5850 €

*gulp*
[/quote]

I should add that I'm willing to declare as low of value as the buyer desires for customs purposes.
thanks