Why become a member? ×

It Was 50 Years Ago Today! (Well, In A Couple Of Weeks)

Hobbayne

Of the first ever single by The Beatles - 'Love Me Do'
And here comes the Anniversary Edition!! :P
[url="http://wogew.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/love-me-do-anniversary-single.html"]http://wogew.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/love-me-do-anniversary-single.html[/url]

Heh! Just as I thought. It seems that BC'ers are not gullible enough to fork out their hard earned on something that they probably have on vinyl, CD, Cassette, Remastered USB stick.
Still, EMI are expecting some more profits from this 'Bottom Of The Bucket' scraping group! <_<

Oh boy! Then [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]It Was 50 Years Ago Today! (Well, In A Couple Of Weeks)[/size][/font] that I tried to get the grown-ups to understand that they shouldn't listen to that simplistic Beatles music, and that they rather should concentrate on Bach, Beethoven and Brahms,

... and also, [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]It Was 50 Years Ago Today! (Well, In A Couple Of Weeks)[/size][/font] that I was flabbergasted for the first time about how the grown-ups weren't more grateful about being taught these life-saving insights.

So, [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]It Was 50 Years Ago Today! (Well, In A Couple Of Weeks)[/size][/font] that, for the first time, I was being that little, annoying twat that I can still sometimes be.

Sigh!
Did you really have to remind me?

best,
bert

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1348848126' post='1819117']
Oh boy! Then [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]It Was 50 Years Ago Today! (Well, In A Couple Of Weeks)[/size][/font] that I tried to get the grown-ups to understand that they shouldn't listen to that simplistic Beatles music, and that they rather should concentrate on Bach, Beethoven and Brahms,

[/quote]

Wasn't it supposed to be the grown ups telling you not to listen to those scruffy long haired yobs, and anyway, what are they singing about, you can't hear the words and it's too loud and why don't they learn to play proper instruments.

At the time I think I prefered The Shadows. And I had an EP by The Spotniks.

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1348745362' post='1817602']
Of the first ever single by The Beatles - 'Love Me Do'
And here comes the Anniversary Edition!! :P
[url="http://wogew.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/love-me-do-anniversary-single.html"]http://wogew.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/love-me-do-anniversary-single.html[/url]
[/quote]

That means we only have 8 years before Macca can perform the 50th anniversary of Hey Jude . . . . .

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1348940691' post='1820008']
... and those extremely shocking collarless jackets :o :o :o
Oh yes, I know the drill.

The Shadows? How can an artist with "The" as part of the name be acceptable, I ask you! Bach didn't have any "The"!
(annoying twat when he was between 6 and 10 years old)

best,
bert
[/quote]

On the other hand "The" Berlin Philharmonic is still going strong, so I think it's acceptable for an ensemble. Bach was a genius, he can put anything he likes in his name.

We had a kid like you at school. I think I was the only one that didn't beat him up. :lol:

7 years, 12 albums, 22 singles, a concentrated out-pouring of panache, progression and creativity which will never be matched in popular music.

Rightly adored and respected by the masses, and 43 years after ceasing to be, continuing to elicit derision and ignorant cynicism from the terminally cloth-eared.

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1348943994' post='1820054']
That means we only have 8 years before Macca can perform the 50th anniversary of Hey Jude . . . . .
[/quote]

6 years. Hilarious quips work better when the hilarious quipper gets their facts straight.

Edited by Starless

[quote name='Starless' timestamp='1349528569' post='1827386']
7 years, 12 albums, 22 singles, a concentrated out-pouring of panache, progression and creativity which will never be matched in popular music.

Rightly adored and respected by the masses, and 43 years after ceasing to be, continuing to elicit derision and ignorant cynicism from the terminally cloth-eared.
[/quote]

Bit of a fan then?

Not really, they rarely come up on shuffle, but most things that I do listen to owe a hell of a lot to them (and I'm not talking about f***ing Oasis - classic case of how to do 'Beatles' very badly).

It just amazes me how the likes of McCartney can attract so much scorn for daring to keep doing it into his seventies. He grew old, he's still a legend, can't some people let it go?