Why become a member? ×

ACG FINN 4 string, with piezo bridge and amber leds NOW SOLD

bobpalt

I really never thought I would sell this bass, but I am drastically cutting back my collection to fund early retirement, and its not used very often so would be much better going to a new home where it would be fully appreciated.

Its an unbelievably good bass, one of Alan's best I think (and it was much praised at a Moffat bass bash a while back), having the benefit of an ACG filter pre amp, a powerful RFB pickup and a Hipshot piezo bridge, so you can get a phenomenal range of tones and blended sounds. In addition, there is a coil split switch (which I have never fully understood!), and a low battery led indicator. One of the filter pots controls the piezo, whilst the others run the volume/blend and the RFB pickup frequencies.

In addition, there are [b]SIMs amber leds[/b] fitted to the neck, which were then wired up by Alan ([u]not[/u] after market additions).

The body is light Swamp Ash, with a 4mm Wenge accent, and an Okoume top, and the neck (which is asymmetrical) is 3 laminates of flamed maple, with a fabulous acrylic impregnated flamed lava Bubinga fingerboard. Strap locks, gloss finish and all black hardware complete the picture.

A Hiscox case is included, and the bass is absolutely mint, having been gigged precisely once since Alan built it.

I would like £1100 please, with no trades as I am cutting back.

[size=6][b]NOW SOLD, stp.[/b][/size]

Thanks.

Bob

[attachment=119275:finn 3.jpg]

[attachment=119276:finn 1.jpg]

[attachment=119277:finn 2.jpg]

[attachment=119278:finn 4.jpg]

Edited by bobpalt

[quote name='chuck_stones' timestamp='1348838173' post='1818925']
That is really quite gorgeous. Out of curiosity (and ignorance), what does an asymmetrical neck do?
[/quote]

it fits your hand beautifully...thicker at the side with the thicker strings (round your thumb) and thinner at the far side under your fingers, feels really comfortable

[quote name='bobpalt' timestamp='1348579846' post='1815447']
[attachment=119278:finn 4.jpg]
[/quote]

Just beautiful! An ACG is very much on my GAS list :gas:

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1348841320' post='1818999']
Your bass looks like a cake!
[/quote]

Strange but very true :lol: I like cake too!

Edited by andydye

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1348840930' post='1818990']
Bob, you've been "cutting down" your collection for years, and you've still got just as many! (I've tried to help, I've had 3 off Bob!).
Admit it, you're only making space for some more.... :)
[/quote]
Hi Jules.

I wish! I really am cutting back this time. I was pushed into early retirement in May, and desperately need to find a way for Sue to retire as well, as she is making my life a misery since she became the breadwinner........

Looking for anything? If not, you're still more than welcome to pop in any time you're passing. Got a nice ACG you might like?

Cheers,
Bob

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1348846093' post='1819086']
I bought a nice Eggle Berlin recently and have run out of stand and hangar space! I don't suppose you've free'd up a 4-way rack yet?....
[/quote]

I've got a Warwick corner rack in the garage (its curved to fit in a corner and holds, I think, 5 basses) which you can have for free if you can collect! I was going to eBay it, but I have had so much hassle from eBay sales that I just cant be bothered.......

[quote name='bobpalt' timestamp='1349099112' post='1821743']
Not really. I guess there must a similar sound in there somewhere, but its a bit of a fatter standard tone, if there is such a thing with a filter preamp.
[/quote] Ahh the flaw with every ACG sale thread- no one can decribe what they sound like - except 'everthing'

Once again Bob, your impeccable taste in basses has forced me to break my usual vow of silence when it comes to the For Sale section. This time I just wanted to mention that if you don't get the kind of offers you feel this beautiful and I expect highly useful piece deserves here on Basschat , have you thought about advertising it on Talkbass ? I can say from personal experience that this kind of exquisite British craftsman-made exotica is exactly the kind of thing that our cousins across the pond go mental for. Those photos show the kind of work that has gone into this thing , and anyone who knows their arse from their elbow when it comes to basses will be able to see that this is a superior quality instrument. I would expect this bass would garner very significant interest Stateside. A lot of basses proport to be handmade , but this is the real deal. When you consider that this bass is like new , and then look at what you can buy in a shop for £1100, someone is going to get the bargain of a lifetime.