Why become a member? ×

withdrawn

LukeFRC

Hello, something's come up I would like to buy. Before I did I would have to sell this.... lovely bass- cracking condition.
Same price as Ricks, £1200, including a hardcase (not perfect condition) plus postage if you need. These are shooting up in value, for the quality I can see why. Questions can be answered :)
lots more photos here: [url="http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee497/LukeFRC/JV/"]http://s1230.photobu...497/LukeFRC/JV/[/url]

amazing bass, if my dream bass hadn't come up then I would happily keep this forever! As the dream bass won't be on sale for long this ad will be coming down as soon as it is sold. I wouldn't sell this otherwise. Obviously no trades!

cheers for looking!

[Back up to see if any interest :) Edited by LukeFRC

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1348234202' post='1811213']
Did the Yamaha come via Horizontalste, by any chance? If so then the added pup and selector switch probably came off my old BB450.
[/quote] nope, bassistclem
[quote name='Ashwood1985' timestamp='1348232936' post='1811193']
Hi Luke,

So the JV is £1200?

Sorry If I'm being slow: didn't seem clear to me :blink:
[/quote] yeah, I've stuck it at the same level as his. Offers would be considered, heck if someone wants it they can have the yam too at half price. as i write this I should probably find out if the other bass is still available...

[quote name='gareth' timestamp='1348263967' post='1811756']
you want how much for the squier???

just kidding - i am aware of ric's preachings regarding the value of these fender badger squiers

did they originally retail at £99 like their fellow squiers

"investments" r a wonderful thing don't u know :)
[/quote] Not that much more than your JV jazz.... :P I thought they were £200 back in 1983? I dunno, i'm thinking Rick's preaching might not result in someone wanting it enough buy it so I can pick up the other bass I've seen, which is fine- if this doesn't all work out I can live with that!
Taken apart from the "value" it's a better instrument than an awful lot of the similarly priced usa standards.

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1348264745' post='1811773']
Not that much more than your JV jazz.... :P I thought they were £200 back in 1983? I dunno, i'm thinking Rick's preaching might not result in someone wanting it enough buy it so I can pick up the other bass I've seen, which is fine- if this doesn't all work out I can live with that!
Taken apart from the "value" it's a better instrument than an awful lot of the similarly priced usa standards.
[/quote]

it looks stunning

good luck with the sale :rolleyes:

[quote name='casapete' timestamp='1348302314' post='1811992']
Yammy pic(s) please?
Cheers.
[/quote] will take some later today :)

BTW if someone's interested in the JV feel free to PM me an offer- I can only say no, and if it lets me get the bass ive seen, well I'll be happy! Also got a POD on sale if you want to add that into the mix :)

Edited by LukeFRC

okay. I think I'm going to keep this for the mean time. The bass is still there but the lack of even low ball offers makes me think that theres nout interest at all in the JV. The Yamaha is still available but I'm going to keep a separate sales thread for that once I've got the pictures.
cheers

Luke

So the bass. im after is still available and, well I'm tempted to put an offer in on it... so ill listen to offers on this if there is any interest even if below my price, got a bass pod I can add to sweeten any deal, yeah.

Let me put it this way, I doubt there is a better passive fender bass on basscha this year.

Try it out at mine in Leeds,

(or can go. to edinburgh with me this weekend if you pm me tonight, ill be free sun afternoon)

[quote name='MB1' timestamp='1348854648' post='1819234']
MB1.
Offers?
Get a price on this before its deleted !
Or am I missing something here?
[/quote]

ahh yes oops the perils of editing on the smallest smartphone screen ever made! I took the price down when I withdrew it and forgot to stick it up.
£1200 is the same price as ricks..... but will listen to lower offers

other things up for offer.... [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bass Pod (£80ono), or even my [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]yamaha SG400 (£450ono) or mini line6 guitar amp (£50)[/font][/color]

Edited by LukeFRC

Oh man, i remember this bass really well. I was after my first ever bass in 1982 but didnt have enough for a Squier. I remember the jazz bass being £250 and the precision at £230. Me and my older brother played them and loved them but with me also being a lefty i was pretty much scuppered. In fact that same year you could pick up a 70's USA precision for £120 and a 60's jazz for under £300 in Glasgow.
My brother must have had 3 or 4 during the 80's before settling with a musicman sabre.
Ive just acquired a 57 re-issue lefty Fender precision cij which looks identical to the one here minus the pickguard.

[quote name='sblueplanet' timestamp='1349039700' post='1821079']
Oh man, i remember this bass really well. I was after my first ever bass in 1982 but didnt have enough for a Squier. I remember the jazz bass being £250 and the precision at £230. Me and my older brother played them and loved them but with me also being a lefty i was pretty much scuppered. In fact that same year you could pick up a 70's USA precision for £120 and a 60's jazz for under £300 in Glasgow.
My brother must have had 3 or 4 during the 80's before settling with a musicman sabre.
Ive just acquired a 57 re-issue lefty Fender precision cij which looks identical to the one here minus the pickguard.
[/quote] I used to have a '57ri CIJ (not lefty) looked the same- very different instrument to this though- I was surprised at the difference in tone. The 57-US model CIJ and the USA series AVRI '57ri are closer though

[quote name='sblueplanet' timestamp='1349039700' post='1821079']
[/quote]

Lovely bass and it great nick - as a point of reference I bought my '57 JV - made in 1983 ( doesn't have big Fender logo) , in early 1985 for £149 from Cambridge Rock.

It's backwards! :D

I had a CIJ and stuck an anodized plate on it. I like them, good for recording as it's easy to ground the thing :)

Oh btw to anyone looking, you may have noticed i've stopped bumping this. I don't think it's going to go anywhere :)