Why become a member? ×

wireless... any good?

lowdowner

I used to use a Samson wireless for while. I was happy with the sound,but when I switched back to cables I did
actually notice an improvement in my tone. It was cool to be able to wander into the crowd sometimes,for a laugh, and
to not worry about tripping or anything,but I'd much rather use decent cables now.

I have an AKG bug (mine is not an illegal frequency, ref post 29) but have just bought a Line 6 G30 to give myself a bit more flexibility with respect to not being tied to a single channel and to avoid interference. Will report back when I get it, but I'm expecting an improvement in tone as the AKG does add a noticeable distortion to the tone if you A/B in a very quiet room.

The stageclix jack is the most convenient one out there, as long as you have a passive bass (if not you'll need the pack instead). I have the receiver on my pedalboard, and the transmitter plugs into it to charge. So no carrying extra boxes, and no chance of forgetting it unless I forget my entire board!

[quote name='thebrig' timestamp='1347792638' post='1804932']
[size=4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I have a Line6 Relay G30 wireless system and love it, makes no noticeable difference to the sound, always use it for gigs and found it very reliable.[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I tried it at the top of my 125 foot garden, and I could here it loud and clear in my house.[/font][/size]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Great for sound checking too, as I can walk out front and have a listen myself.[/font]
[/quote]
Agree, the g30 is excellent, and being able to do the sound is very beneficial
Goes down to low B with no problem, and good range. Although I did find that one of the channels on it knocked out my wireless router (or rather drowned out )

Edited by gapiro