Why become a member? ×

....an even even more ultimate FLEA

Beedster

Let it be known that Ian (SMART) is a very bad chap. Last Friday, as if he could read my mind, he emailed me a few pics. A couple of days later I was close to a month's salary less well off but one Modulus Flea to the good. I'd missed my old one terribly, despite being a bit of a solid and low down Precision sort at heart, the Flea kind of expresses the other & darker side of my character, the one that wants his bass to kick the sh*t out of guitarists, drummers and vocalists and show no mercy doing so :)

I've been playing over 20 years and this is the only bass I've ever bought new. And it was worth every penny. Also, I can't tell you how impressed I was by Ian Morton who drove a few hundred miles to deliver it in person. A top bloke. Cheers Ian.

[attachment=8328:P4230302.jpg]

[attachment=8327:P4230293.jpg]

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='Beedster' post='189984' date='May 1 2008, 08:33 PM']Let it be known that Ian (SMART) is a very bad chap. Last Friday, as if he could read my mind, he emailed me a few pics. A couple of days later I was close to a month's salary less well off but one Modulus Flea to the good. Also, I can't tell you how impressed I was by Ian Morton who drove a few hundred miles to deliver it in person. A top bloke. Cheers Ian.

[attachment=8327:P4230293.jpg][/quote]

So how middle class are you to have a personal shopper :)

Hey Ian you can do stuff like that with me if you like but make it half a months salary and could you deliver to Newcastle please :huh:

BTW nice one Chris!

[quote name='paul, the' post='190007' date='May 1 2008, 08:57 PM']It's the tone that impresses me.

That is to say: the tone of a Modulus Flea is very impressive.[/quote]

Funnily enough, the only tone a Flea doesn't do well is a 70's Precision. Which I've got covered :)

I know what you're getting at but...

Getting to the point, Chris was already a customer outside of the forum as the official Modulus distributor for the UK and Ireland (and any other part of the world!) with work we recommended be carried out by the SimS Custom Shop which was a commissionless job for us (is there such a word?) on our part, just wanting a Flea lover to get the best repair/custom work possible with a carbon fibre neck instrument, so it's not a direct result of new business being generated by Basschat.

But...what I was to suggest before this happened was that I am now in a position in the next few weeks to place a new Peterson tuner order (at long last some of you may be thinking!) and can work out a very good deal on any of the tuners (many via the forum have asked me about doing a forum deal on the the StoboRack) that may interest members of the forum as a way of trying to give something more back to the forum (as well as the other not for profit contributions by way of advice, insight, ideas, positive provocations (constructive ones to lead to discussion!) I have and continue to make drawing on the past 15 years experience of working closely with Mr Sims, my own bass activities and a lot of very famous musicians, bass players 'an all.

Peterson are currently quoting 6 weeks on the StroboRack, I'd actually say in reality 8 weeks to be safe. So...how about it??? On things like this I'd be more than happy to help proven Basschaters of good record and contribution to the forum with these type of products.

Let me know what you think...

Ciao

Ian

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='190063' date='May 1 2008, 09:54 PM']Hmmmm, I wonder what Basschat's commission on that sale could have been? :)

Ian, any donations would be gratefully recieved.[/quote]

Edited by SMART

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='190063' date='May 1 2008, 09:54 PM']Hmmmm, I wonder what Basschat's commission on that sale could have been? :huh:

Ian, any donations would be gratefully recieved.[/quote] :)

Easy Tiger, Ian and I were talking Fleas way before I was a BWer

[quote name='Beedster' post='190100' date='May 1 2008, 10:38 PM']:)

Easy Tiger, Ian and I were talking Fleas way before I was a BWer[/quote]

Cheers, Chris!

Nice coffee and boy we could have talked and talked and... about bass and muzak!

Enjoy!

Ciao

Ian

[quote name='s_u_y_*' post='190079' date='May 1 2008, 10:06 PM']Very nice Chris! It's sometimes true we don't know what we want until we no longer have it. Happy that you've found your combo mate. :)[/quote]

Ain't that the truth :huh:
Hope all's well S_U_Y_
Chris

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='190000' date='May 1 2008, 08:51 PM']So how middle class are you to have a personal shopper :)

Hey Ian you can do stuff like that with me if you like but make it half a months salary and could you deliver to Newcastle please :huh:

BTW nice one Chris![/quote]

We try our best to give the kind of service and back up we'd like to receive...but even we have limits!

We seek...to make...a bass player...very happy!

Ciao

Ian

[quote name='Beedster' post='189984' date='May 1 2008, 08:33 PM']Let it be known that Ian (SMART) is a very bad chap. Last Friday, as if he could read my mind, he emailed me a few pics. A couple of days later I was close to a month's salary less well off but one Modulus Flea to the good. I'd missed my old one terribly, despite being a bit of a solid and low down Precision sort at heart, the Flea kind of expresses the other & darker side of my character, the one that wants his bass to kick the sh*t out of guitarists, drummers and vocalists and show no mercy doing so :huh:

I've been playing over 20 years and this is the only bass I've ever bought new. And it was worth every penny. Also, I can't tell you how impressed I was by Ian Morton who drove a few hundred miles to deliver it in person. A top bloke. Cheers Ian.

[attachment=8327:P4230293.jpg][/quote]
How you can justify a complete U-turn in bass-buying behaviour with a few charming turns of phrase, an easy going, likeable personality and a digital camera at your disposal is beyond me Chris! :)

For us followers and supporters of your 'adventures-in-70s mojo' crusade, this is tantamount to heresy. I for one have lost all respect for you now and will have to drive to MK immediately to relieve you of your collection of P basses as punishment.... ;)

Lovely bass by the way! ;)

Right, who else is going to join me in a moneyless wager giving Monsieur Beedster a count for 6 months before he changes basses again? :)

Have to say, that Flea looks tasty due to it's simplicity, how's the hand (or was it arm or fingers?) by the way Beedster?

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='190188' date='May 2 2008, 12:31 AM']How you can justify a complete U-turn in bass-buying behaviour with a few charming turns of phrase, an easy going, likeable personality and a digital camera at your disposal is beyond me Chris! :)

For us followers and supporters of your 'adventures-in-70s mojo' crusade, this is tantamount to heresy. I for one have lost all respect for you now and will have to drive to MK immediately to relieve you of your collection of P basses as punishment.... ;)

Lovely bass by the way! :huh:[/quote]

Nik, you're always welcome in MK mate. You won't be leaving with any Precisions though!
Chris
PS the Flea has plenty of mojo so no heresy here ;)

[quote name='Buzz' post='190213' date='May 2 2008, 02:17 AM']Right, who else is going to join me in a moneyless wager giving Monsieur Beedster a count for 6 months before he changes basses again? ;)

Have to say, that Flea looks tasty due to it's simplicity, how's the hand (or was it arm or fingers?) by the way Beedster?[/quote]

LOL, indeed, it's always a possibility. However, Precisions will always be my first love bass-wise, as I said above, I just wanted a more in-yer-face bass for those moments when deep thuddiness isn't enough :)

The fingers are much better thanks. I've had about 12 phsyio sessions and done a lot of remedial exerciseing and I'm just about back to full mobility, if not to being able to use them as well as I used to bass-wise. Thanks very much for asking :huh:

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='190227' date='May 2 2008, 06:56 AM']Nik, you're always welcome in MK mate. You won't be leaving with any Precisions though!
Chris
PS the Flea has plenty of mojo so no heresy here :)[/quote]
Thanks mate - might take you up on that one day soon on my trek back up north to see the relatives in Manchester.. Be good to see you and bask in the glow of all that mojo!

Glad to hear the hand's on the mend,

Nik

[quote name='Marcus' post='190033' date='May 1 2008, 09:28 PM']2 words....... !

Lane Poor :)

looks bloody familiar..... why the heck didn't you buy mine !![/quote]

Lovely looking bass, I've had three Flea basses in recent years. A five and four string silver flake, and a blue flake four string, the five was bought from SMART many years ago and Ian took the time to deliver it to the Plasa show in London for me when we were exhibiting there. A Really nice guy.

The two four strings were loaded with Duncan pickups and IMO blew the Lane Poors away. More of everthing. I also had Lane Poor Humbuckers on a James Tyler 5 string bass (better known for his custom strat style guitars) paired with a very powerful Demeter preamp, on both occasions the LP's were noisy and unimpressive. Enjoy the bass.