Why become a member? ×

UPDATED! What do you get if you cross a bass with an angry girlfriend?

EBS_freak

[quote name='teen t-shirt' post='264620' date='Aug 18 2008, 02:54 PM']dude them swirls is sick i want some man, but then again i want some side LED's in my 120 pound bass.... lol

can anyone quote me on how much it averages to cost to buy and get led's fitted?

tarr...
:)[/quote]

Possibly 3 times more than the value of your bass :huh:

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='264622' date='Aug 18 2008, 02:56 PM']Possibly 3 times more than the value of your bass :)[/quote]

Yup, Sims will cost about £300 ish depending upon how many LEDs you have done.

Can't vouch for them, but [url="http://auroraproject.co.uk/"]http://auroraproject.co.uk/[/url] will do it for about half of that... but I have never seen their work.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='264610' date='Aug 18 2008, 02:33 PM']OK, OK... the bass with some friends...[/quote]

I reckon you could sell this to farmers, not only is it more humane than branding, you could combine it with animal skin treatment and have your own swirly swirly sheep-dip! Imagine turning up to the national farming awards (I presume they exist) with a swirly sheep; it'd win everything under the sun!

[quote name='WILD FROG SHOT' post='264680' date='Aug 18 2008, 04:07 PM']I reckon you could sell this to farmers, not only is it more humane than branding, you could combine it with animal skin treatment and have your own swirly swirly sheep-dip! Imagine turning up to the national farming awards (I presume they exist) with a swirly sheep; it'd win everything under the sun![/quote]

It's the swirly-swirly cow pats that are the best...

[quote name='escholl' post='264815' date='Aug 18 2008, 06:40 PM']i've asked two people so far, neither of whom are bassists, and neither of them like the swirls. :)

i happen to love it, as to a lot of people here, obv......so i wonder if it's just a bassist thing....?[/quote]

It's funny, I never used to be a swirl fan... lets just say it has grown on me over time!

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='264472' date='Aug 18 2008, 12:36 PM']...and done!

The KSD lives!

:)

My mate is a bit of a mean swirler eh?[/quote]

Your mate is guitarnutteruk and he is clearly a genius.

There are only two people in the country who can do this kind of work to this quality, and the other has stopped doing it as a business.

I think it looks fantastic. Any chance your mate could do a body for me?

[quote name='pete.young' post='264954' date='Aug 18 2008, 09:33 PM']Your mate is guitarnutteruk and he is clearly a genius.

There are only two people in the country who can do this kind of work to this quality, and the other has stopped doing it as a business.

I think it looks fantastic. Any chance your mate could do a body for me?[/quote]

guitarnutteruk - well spotted that man! It is indeed he. You have come across his work on another forum I am guessing?

I should think he'll be able to do you a body, give him an email through his site, his phone is dodgy as hell (tell him that!) - [url="http://www.outofthisswirled.com/emails.html"]http://www.outofthisswirled.com/emails.html[/url]

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='264472' date='Aug 18 2008, 12:36 PM']...and done!

The KSD lives!

:)

My mate is a bit of a mean swirler eh?[/quote]
Oh I do like that. Can he do flourescent colours? I'd be tempted to buy some kind of body just to have flouro blue, purple, pink and green on white. Imagine the impact under a UV light!

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='264964' date='Aug 18 2008, 09:43 PM']Oh I do like that. Can he do flourescent colours? I'd be tempted to buy some kind of body just to have flouro blue, purple, pink and green on white. Imagine the impact under a UV light![/quote]

I've seen a swatch that he has done flourescents on... again, he is the man to ask. Drop him a mail via his site (see above for URL)

[quote name='escholl' post='264815' date='Aug 18 2008, 06:40 PM']i've asked two people so far, neither of whom are bassists, and neither of them like the swirls. :)

i happen to love it, as to a lot of people here, obv......so i wonder if it's just a bassist thing....?[/quote]

it must be a bassist thing, i personally love em but i showed my guitard of a father and he hated em...

whats he know tho...

:huh:

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='teen t-shirt' post='265168' date='Aug 19 2008, 06:02 AM']it must be a bassist thing, i personally love em but i showed my guitard of a father and he hated em...

whats he know tho...

:)[/quote]
+1

swirls rock, there's no two ways about it!

They, do, so there!

[size=1]hows THAT for an eloquent and well put argument?[/size]