Why become a member? ×

UPDATED! What do you get if you cross a bass with an angry girlfriend?

EBS_freak

[quote name='dangerboy' post='189331' date='Apr 30 2008, 11:01 PM']My girlfriend IS a bass player. And a much more talented one than me. What are you all doing with these non bass-girls?[/quote]

Are there really that many around? I'm the only one I know of in our area!

[quote name='Sarah5string' post='193119' date='May 6 2008, 05:35 PM']Are there really that many around? I'm the only one I know of in our area![/quote]

My Friend Kate is the Bassist for Neon Plastix, they are doing pretty well for themselves.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='189294' date='Apr 30 2008, 10:06 PM']...this it would seem.[/quote]

Looks like its time to get practicing refin... or maybe she was trying to relic it for you? Piss her off again and she might keep doing it? Just pack away all the other basses :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='charic' post='193716' date='May 7 2008, 11:40 AM']Looks like its time to get practicing refin... or maybe she was trying to relic it for you? Piss her off again and she might keep doing it? Just pack away all the other basses :huh:[/quote]

Got something planned for this now :)

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='189311' date='Apr 30 2008, 10:24 PM']BTW, EBS if that was your GF's work, its not really a laughing matter. That would be grounds for splitting up in my book.

Mine would have known better than to touch the Precious Things.[/quote]

+ the 1

this is a shocker and if it were mine I'd be thinking of revenge to a similar degree :brow: ...brick through the back window of her car as she's driving off after being told she's dumped? - but then I'm always one for extremes :)

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Sarah5string' post='193119' date='May 6 2008, 05:35 PM']Are there really that many around? I'm the only one I know of in our area![/quote]

Yeah, my girlie plays bass. Shame she doesn't get gas like I do, and her bass is quite similar to mine, so I can't even steal that. She's done pretty well on the second-hand pedals front...

[quote name='WILD FROG SHOT' post='264545' date='Aug 18 2008, 01:37 PM']Oh yeah, and what did you do to deserve that in the first place?

Like the swirly-swirl though..[/quote]

Breathe it would seem!

Swirly-swirls are quality! It's taken nearly 3 years, but the process and choice of materials is nailed. Those swirls are super smooth, super bright and simply stunning. The pics, as usual, just don't do it justice.

He's been working on some new stuff also... top secret, but going to be awesome. I guarantee you will have not seen some of the stuff that is being worked on ever before!

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='264556' date='Aug 18 2008, 01:43 PM']Breathe it would seem![/quote]

LOL! currently living in that atmosphere atm too!

luckily i've made it blatantly clear that my shiny things are NOT to be fecked with...but if I can get that kinda paint job then it might well be worth while sacrificing a lesser instrument!!

Looks amazing mate, well saved. I still feel bad for you though that your missus thought it was reasonable revenge to do something like that for whatever reason it may have been. Luckily mine will never do that, I think she understands that I almost class them as a family member and I would consider it GBH or murder if she were ever to do something like that…

[quote name='WILD FROG SHOT' post='264588' date='Aug 18 2008, 02:12 PM']You should swirly-swirl something highly inappropriate and beloved to your girlfriend...like a dress[/quote]

I'd have to see if my mate would be up for that. I don't think he would be up for the potential napalm.