Why become a member? ×

Lakland Bob Glaub w/ Villex - SOLD !

Adee

I have decided to sell the Lakland Bob Glaub Skyline I bought off Mart a couple of weeks ago
It was either keep the Lakland and sell my USA P-Bass or 'tuther way round !
After doing 4 gigs with the Lakky I've decided I like the simplicity of the P-Bass
Thats not to say there is anything wrong with the the BG the tonal range of the Villex pickup is amazing
If I could afford to keep both, I would if I could . . . but I cant ! It was never an option to keep both

Link to : [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=16060&hl=lakland+bob+glaub"]Original for sale ad by Marcus[/url]

[size=5][b]Will accept £475[/b][/size]

Collection from Corby, Northants or possibly meet halfway for fuel
Could accept Paypal of that helps spread the cost, but you would have to help with the charges !

I also have it for sale on Ebay at £525 see link for more pix etc [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAKLAND-Bob-Glaub-Precision-P-Bass-w-Villex-Pick-up_W0QQitemZ260233890850QQihZ016QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]eBay[/url]

Edited by Adee

A bump for a great bass.
I know there's been some controversy over this one but it really is in good condition with only minor surface marks as befits a 3(?) year old bass. If you like a P bass with a harder edge (think Green Day meets Fall Out Boy) then you won't find anything better for £500.

Good luck with the sale Ade

Theres nowt wrong with this bass yer naaa, come and have a go if your pondering
Think a P-Bass cossed with a 'Ray with massive tonal range !

:)

I don't understand why someone would put Villex pups in a P. Surely there should be some paradoxical force that would cause the earth to implode if such a thing were ever to occur.

Did any of the bass's "clients" do a sound sample.

I kind of want to buy it just to find out why no one is keeping it.

Theres nothing actually wrong with it, Marcus had an offer of an Amp that he couldnt refuse
Mart plays classic rock so preferred his US P-Bass and I also play in a covers band and in a toss up
between the Lakland and my Fender P, I decided to keep the Fender as thats what I'm used to
If you want a bass with great tonal adjustment and a bass that is punchy and can 'cut through'
then this is the bass for you, especially one of this quality and has classic looks too
Black / Black / Maple too !

If I could justify AND afford to keep three bass guitars I would, but I just cant afford to keep it.
£500 needs to go back in the bank where it actually belongs.
I robbed Peter to pay Paul and now Peter wants his money back !

It's a real shame this Bass has changed hands a few times recently...... I feel kinda guilty as I sort of started it being passed around.

I took it in PX for my Flea Bass..... and was really happy to do so !

I moved it on to part fund a DB750..... would have been really happy to keep it.

While the Villex mods are taking a headline, don't forget the bass has a fantastic P profile Neck (Beedster would love it)

If I had a spare £500 i'd buy it back...... guys bag a bargain !!

[quote name='Adee' post='189980' date='May 1 2008, 08:32 PM']especially one of this quality and has classic looks too
Black / Black / Maple too ![/quote]

I can't deny Lakland quality, and it looks great.

Where are the Fralins it was born with?

[quote name='paul, the' post='190013' date='May 1 2008, 09:00 PM']I can't deny Lakland quality, and it looks great.

Where are the Fralins it was born with?[/quote]

In my P-Bass

This is THE bass for sale please do not raid my thread discussing the good and bad points of the mod

The mod has been done to a high standard

If anyone is interested then PM me and we could maybe meet up and you can give it a try
It really is a very nice bass and sounds amazing

Edited by Machines
Profanity

[quote name='Adee' post='193263' date='May 6 2008, 08:17 PM']This is THE bass for sale please do not raid my thread discussing the good and bad points of the mod

The mod has been done to a high standard[/quote]

Getting a bit tetchy are we ?

[quote name='Platypus' post='193289' date='May 6 2008, 08:40 PM']Getting a bit tetchy are we ?[/quote]

Thanks, here we go again, as soon as someone sniffs a fight they are in there like a shot

What I'm trying to say is please DON'T P*SS ON SOMEONES FIRE !

Edited by Adee

[quote]who actually modified it??[/quote]

Me!

At the risk of repeating myself. This is a great bass. It doesn't sound the same as a standard Bob Glaub but then again if it did the mods would have been a total waste of time wouldn't they?

Predominantly this is a Skyline Bob Glaub bass with Villex pickups and the mid control that is part and parcel of them. Villex pups are superb and give a tantalising tonal range, there's lots of rave reviews around so it isn't just my opinion. Added to that package is a rotary tone booster that has 4 positions one of which is off when it's totally bypassed so if you don't like it it doesn't have to colour the tone.

So that's it. Not so scary is it?

Before you knock it or if you want to see what it sounds like then try it (with Adees agreement of course). If you want a standard Bob Glaub then just buy one.

Edited to add: It also had a great low action (if you like it low), a nice neck and looks sexy as fook in Black/Black/Maple imo :)

Peter

Edited by GreeneKing

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='193318' date='May 6 2008, 09:02 PM']Before you knock it or if you want to see what it sounds like then try it (with Adees agreement of course). If you want a standard Bob Glaub then just buy one.[/quote]

Around £889 will buy you a new one at GAK or Thomann ! This one is £475 with £200 odd quids worth of Mods

Thanks Peter, Anyone is welcome to try the bass, it is great, BUT as I have said I can only keep one and the Fender stays !

Edited by Adee

[quote name='Adee' post='193263' date='May 6 2008, 08:17 PM']This is THE bass for sale please do not raid my thread discussing the good and bad points of the mod
and in return I will not come around and f**# your mother[/quote]
Sorry for interrupting your thread, Adee. Some nights I'm a bit of a nob.

Laklands are seriously high quality basses and this one is great value. I'm sure it will be just what someone's after.

I don't think anyone was intentionally slagging the bass off. Just making the point that a mod is a very personal thing, some will love it & some will hate it. My 2 penneth' worth is that for £475 you won't get a better bass, anywhere.

Like you said the basic 'machine' is very good, that along with classic P look, but added to the wide tonal range its an excellent bass for someone who would like a variety of tones from a P-Bass

Sat and played it last night and I wish I could afford to keep it !

. . . . and at this price its a hoofing bargain too missus :)

Edited by Adee

If I was not as skint as a church mouse I would have been over the hills and far away with this bass by now, and it would never have been seen for sale again, here or anywhere else. Seems a shame that circumstances seem to have tainted it somehow, because the chaps who've bought it weren't able to hang on to it for their own perfectly valid reasons. I hope it sells soon and is cherished for the cracking bass it undoubtedly is.

[quote name='charic' post='193640' date='May 7 2008, 09:32 AM']lovely looking bass, good luck with sale. I need to be rich :'([/quote]

Don't we all . . I just want to get my money back ! :)