Why become a member? ×

Bass-ic dogs?

lowdowner

So, each time I go and practice my bass (in my out-house), my dogs - once they hear the bass - come and listen to me and lie *on* my feet whilst i play. This isn't just them following me because if I go to my practice room and don't play, they don't come over...

Anyone else think their dog(s) listen/like their bass sounds?

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1344975243' post='1771983']
I haven't got a dog. My cat makes a quick exit once I start playing.

[i]next door's[/i] dogs are a different matter though....

They do not, not, not, like the low end.
[/quote]
that's cats for you - *very* choosey! :)

We got a boxer from the RSPCA in January who either hates music or thinks I'm the worst musician in the world. He tolerates me playing double bass these days but if I start bowing it he barks at me and eventually goes to sulk in another room.

Also if I play guitar he barks, but if I have other people over here playing guitar he's fine with it. Arsehole dog.

This is him. His name is Boo. The only other things he barks at are horses with jobs (horses just grazing are fine, doing anything else is not acceptable) and skateboards.

[attachment=115664:boozer.jpg]

Edited by thisnameistaken

My cat runs away if I so much as look at my normal bass, but tolerates me playing my fretted electric upright. He also enjoys walking up and down my synth keyboard, and particularly likes sitting and falling asleep on a fairly large mixer with loads of really uncomfortable knobs.