Why become a member? ×

FS- 1981 Ibanez Roadster RS924 SOLD

Cosmo Valdemar

1981 Ibanez Roadster bass, stunning condition throughout, with OHSC (seen better days but functional!)

This is the higher end version of the Roadster, with optional active electronics. These are basic but very effective in how they retain the P/J character and don't colour the sound too much - just a great bit of optional boost if you need it.

Some very light wear to the body and a couple of minor whacks to the headstock - see pics. Also, most of the black paint appears to have rubbed off the battery cover.
Also, there is some light wear along the edge of the neck. I've taken a picture but it's hardly noticable when being played - it looks worse than it feels.

Hardware all original and clean, all electronics working perfectly. I've owned a few vintage Ibanez basses and this is the cleanest I've ever seen.

I'm after £350 for it.

]

Edited by Cosmo Valdemar

I'll get the precise measurement later but the neck is definitely in the realms of the P bass.

The bass can be played active or passive. The controls are: Passive vol, passive tone (gold knobs), treble boost/cut, bass boost/cut (black knobs), active/passive switch, 3-way pickup selector switch. I always played it passive, but the active controls are very useful and don't change the natural character of the bass - if you switch to active and the EQ is flat there's virtually no change in tone.

It weighs about the same as my old Fender so I would guess around 10lb.