Why become a member? ×

NBD: Fender FSR AM Std Precision :-)

danweb22

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1343994702' post='1758341']
Love these new P basses. Bridges are excellent.
[/quote]

Build quality and finish is excellent, nice tight neck pocket and set up was great out of the box. I adjusted the action a smidge and got it really low with no buzzing! Well pleased

[quote name='LiamPodmore' timestamp='1343994861' post='1758347']
That would look twice as lovely with a maple board IMO, but that is one gorgeous finish.

Liam
[/quote]

They do a maple board but with a mahogany stain rather than the red

[quote name='danweb22' timestamp='1343994965' post='1758352']

Build quality and finish is excellent, nice tight neck pocket and set up was great out of the box. I adjusted the action a smidge and got it really low with no buzzing! Well pleased
[/quote]

Excellent! After my bad experience trying to buy a second hand bass I'm itching to get something to replace it and a maple board 2012 P bass is on the cards...to match my 2009 Rosewood.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1343997913' post='1758420']
Excellent! After my bad experience trying to buy a second hand bass I'm itching to get something to replace it and a maple board 2012 P bass is on the cards...to match my 2009 Rosewood.
[/quote]

I got this from Digital Village who matched Thomann for price, which considering the exchange rate was bloody good I thought!

You can get a 2012 Am Std for just over a grand or under a grand for certain finishes :)

[quote name='danweb22' timestamp='1343998266' post='1758427']
I got this from Digital Village who matched Thomann for price, which considering the exchange rate was bloody good I thought!

You can get a 2012 Am Std for just over a grand or under a grand for certain finishes :)
[/quote]

Ah ha! We think alike! I have a local store doing the same thing...give or take a few quid...its under £1k for the White/Tort/Maple 2012 model which is the one I'm after. Thomann prices are really good at the moment but Id rather ask a UK store to match.

• 1 month later...