Why become a member? ×

What is your favourite song to play live?

garymilitia

We threw in Born to be wild as an end of evening crowd pleaser last week and I had a ball with it, even the lead guitarist let go and had some fun, ended up more like the Slade version, went down ok too! And I got to fiddle about up the dusty end!!!

I wish we had recorded it!

If playing with my soul outfit i love playing Dusty's version of 'Son of a preacher man' - it's like a kind of stoned line, if playing reggae i quite like 'Johnny be Good' Peter Tosh version & if playing Ska then 'Ghost town' is good fun.

Must confess to getting into my blues/jazz walking though at the mo and really enjoying 'Zoot suit riot' by the Cherry poppin Daddies...i don't play it note for note though.... i just do my own walk...with a few trips on the way (not the LSD type btw) ;)

[quote name='pnefc42' timestamp='1342555046' post='1737094']
I'm really enjoying playing 'Sledgehammer' @ the mo with my 80s band - it's a great grooving line, simple but really tight. Our Singer really nails the vocal too. Always goes down well since being put in the set
[/quote]

A song composed almost entirely of 'win'. I assume by PNEFC you're in the North West? Any gigs anytime soon?

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1342555532' post='1737103']
A song composed almost entirely of 'win'. I assume by PNEFC you're in the North West? Any gigs anytime soon?
[/quote]

Yes gigging regularly but alas nowhere near the North West these days (South West actually!) Born in Preston & a life long North End fan!

Like you say though, great song!

Edited by pnefc42

[quote name='bertbass' timestamp='1342558491' post='1737160']
Radar Love.
[/quote]

Ooooh yeah thats another goodie!!,

At our last gig, after the drum solo, and before the bass bit, I threw in a couple of bars of The Chain seeing as it was British GP weekend, seemed to go down well, had to transpose to B though, to fit it in!