Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New amp/cab day. Orange and Barefaced content...

Duarte

I can safely say that this setup kills. My first 'proper' rig, seems to do the job as far as volume is concerned!

[IMG]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn320/ZDuarte/Picture0009.jpg[/IMG]

Terrible picture, apologies, lent my DSLR to a mate!

Z

What really impresses me is the versatility of this. I heard that the terror was a 'one trick pony' with a pretty useless EQ...this couldn't be further from the truth though - the range of sounds from the amp, cab with tweeter and the EQ/3 way switch on the Sterling is unbelievable. Grinding pick tones, sub-bass reggae and dub tones, sizzling and aggressive slappy tones and polite folk and jazz tones all from this. It really is near perfect. Once I'm home in birmingham, it's going to have a good workout with rehearsals and gigs, and I can't wait!

Great looking rig. I think the OTBs reputation as a one-trick pony is slightly misleading. I had one, and used a Precision through it. No matter what eq I tried, it always sounded like a Precision, through an OTB, just with more mids/less mids/no highs etc. Now that isn`t really limited in my opinion, it`s more that it has it`s own identity (just like the Precision), and no matter how you set it, it remains sounding like that amp. Rather like Ampeg really, a signature tone.

I`m sure having a Sterling, with so many variables, means that many great tones can be coaxed out of that rig - nice one.

Very tidy rig indeed. Love the BF cabs, although I have a berg (if I could have had a super 12 with a years interest free that's what I'd be using) but have never had the chance to try the orange head. Looks killer tho and will undoubtedly get plenty of attention at gigs. If it doesn't just slay them with volume!

[quote name='AndThenSome1' timestamp='1342438781' post='1734817']
Beautiful set up! Have you any closer up pictures of the bass too?
[/quote]

Will get some better pics up soon!

I can't recommend the barefaced or orange enough. If you're thinking about it, do it.

[quote name='Duarte' timestamp='1342528555' post='1736580']

Will get some better pics up soon!

I can't recommend the barefaced or orange enough. If you're thinking about it, do it.
[/quote]

I've gone with the Terror 500 into an SP212 and love it, I play a Musicman SUB so my rig is similar although I love your Sterling!

[quote name='cameltoe' timestamp='1342737886' post='1740398']
Me too! Ordered it around 3 weeks ago. And I will be pairing it with a Bass Terror! Can't wait.
[/quote]

The terror interests me... It has a a lot of fans and is a way to get a loud Orange without the vast cost and weight of their all tube heads...
ATM I'm far more leaning towards a GK mb fusion 500.... the EQ and dual channel features are sweet. I've heard the Orange EQ is perfect for some and less perfect for others... I think I could get great results from either... The form factor is sweeeet (GK is about the size of a netbook) and is lighter... One of the reasons I got interested in Barefaced in the first place. Will the compact notice the 'bright' setting (a boost at 10 KHz) ? I doubt it. It'll give me the thick bottom end I need to get groovin' though! :yarr:

Edited by PlungerModerno