Why become a member? ×

Dave Swift - Guitar&Bass magazine feature

casapete

I just got it, thanks for the tip. It's a great issue. Interview with Geddy, Dave Swift's amazing collection, reviews of the new Fender STD Strat and Precision, and a reverse Jag with upside down headstock, and a raft of other interesting stuff.

It's always been a good mag, but now it's great. I think this is how a musician's magazine should be, it makes BGM look a bit ridiculous to be honest but hopefully Joel McIver will up their game. The content is well written and there is LOTS of it, the reviews are short but excellent, and there's so much to the whole mag, definitely a 14 sh*tt*r, I can get through BGM in 4 or 5.

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1341606856' post='1721861']
I just got it, thanks for the tip. It's a great issue. Interview with Geddy, Dave Swift's amazing collection, reviews of the new Fender STD Strat and Precision, and a reverse Jag with upside down headstock, and a raft of other interesting stuff.

It's always been a good mag, but now it's great. I think this is how a musician's magazine should be, it makes BGM look a bit ridiculous to be honest but hopefully Joel McIver will up their game. The content is well written and there is LOTS of it, the reviews are short but excellent, and there's so much to the whole mag, definitely a 14 sh*tt*r, I can get through BGM in 4 or 5.
[/quote]

Wait! - I thought the official line was we hated this magazine?

A bit off topic but when I started playing bass again I took some lessons from Gareth Morgan who does the bass gear reviews for Guitar and Bass, top bloke and a great teacher.

I'll have a look at this month's edition today. From the sound of it it might worth a purchase.