Why become a member? ×

NBD: Fender 2012 P-bass

jackers

So, after some fantastic customer service from GAK, I have ordered a 2012 P-bass in 3-Tone Sunburst with a rosewood fingerboard. It will be with me on Tuesday morning, and I'm very excited to see and hear it.

Basically, the bass guy in the GAK store saw I had logged in to the website and placed the bass in my basket, but then not hit buy. So he rang me up and offered me a great deal on the bass, throwing in some free DR Hi-beams and cheap before 12pm delivery. I was very impressed by the time he was willing to spend calling me and talking to me about the bass, even giving it a check over for me to check the setup and action.

EDIT: It has now arrived, and here are some pics :) (they are not the best quality unfortunately)

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y234/jackers1234/photo3-2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y234/jackers1234/photo5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y234/jackers1234/photo1-3.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by jackers

Well, apparently RRP is like £1450, but GAK, Andertons and PMT are doing it for £1121. He did the bass for £1100 and threw in the strings and cheap delivery. I know it isn't a massive amount off, but it was really nice to find someone in a shop that was friendly and actually seemed to have time for me for a change.

[quote name='jackers' timestamp='1341309564' post='1716621']
hehe, thanks Nick :)

I have to say, I have always wanted to try flats, but I am not sure whether I could still get that gritty edge to my sound with them.
[/quote]

Try out some D'addario Chromes maybe? They can go pretty bright for flats :)

Edited by Ben Jamin

[quote name='jackers' timestamp='1341075349' post='1713585']
Well, apparently RRP is like £1450, but GAK, Andertons and PMT are doing it for £1121. He did the bass for £1100 and threw in the strings and cheap delivery. I know it isn't a massive amount off, but it was really nice to find someone in a shop that was friendly and actually seemed to have time for me for a change.
[/quote]

don't most shops include FREE P&P for orders over £200? :blink:

BSB

[quote name='bigsmokebass' timestamp='1341311294' post='1716657']
don't most shops include FREE P&P for orders over £200? :blink:

BSB
[/quote]

For next day, but not for early (i.e. morning) delivery which is a bit extra - so you can take a half day instead of a whole day off to wait for delivery, for instance.

PS. nice bass!

[quote name='aldude' timestamp='1341311980' post='1716666']
For next day, but not for early (i.e. morning) delivery which is a bit extra - so you can take a half day instead of a whole day off to wait for delivery, for instance.

PS. nice bass!
[/quote]

i suppose so really, i thought all P&P where just standard nower days with deliveries over certain amounts.

Aye, nice bass anyway, cant really beat sunburst and rosewood ;)

BSB