Why become a member? ×

New Tec Amp Puma range

deksawyer

Here's a cheeky pic;

Rosetti have just become a UK agent for them as well, which is quite interesting!

Musik Schmidt have some prices;

[url="http://www.musik-schmidt.de/osc-schmidt/catalog/bass-topteile-c-1386_1395_1468.html?keyword=TECAMP&filter_id=803&sort=3a"]http://www.musik-schmidt.de/osc-schmidt/ca...803&sort=3a[/url]

D.

Edited by deksawyer

At last, one of those rare manufactures who understands what many gigging bassists are missing in a micro amp. Adjustable compressor + mute switch + bridging capability if 2 seperate power sections.
As the Euros not in our favour I presume we wont see many of these around the UK.

If someone gets one of these, we should do a shoot-out review with the equivalent Markbass and Eden heads. I'd supply the Eden.

My Eden is the smallest, I think (but not by very much), and I think it is the lightest, but in terms of power it gets beaten by the Markbass and thrashed by the Tec Amp.

I like where all this technology is heading. There are some gigs where you just want to get in fast and get out fast.

• 7 months later...

I use a complete Tecamp Rig, (shown [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=27218&view=findpost&p=338832"]HERE ![/url] )

and with a little comment [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=27218&view=findpost&p=340845"]HERE ![/url]

If you need more informations, don't hesitate ! :)

I already had different contacts with Thomas Eich, which is very professional...
I have the good adress to contact him directly if necessary...

Edited by flychris

[quote name='flychris' post='355337' date='Dec 15 2008, 08:24 PM']I use a complete Tecamp Rig, (shown [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=27218&view=findpost&p=338832"]HERE ![/url] )

and with a little comment [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=27218&view=findpost&p=340845"]HERE ![/url]

If you need more informations, don't hesitate ! :)

I already had different contacts with Thomas Eich, which is very professional...
I have the good adress to contact him directly if necessary...[/quote]

Nice ;o)

Yes, I have chatted with Thomas too. It's always great to ask a question and get a useful response from 'the man at the top'!

[quote name='dood' post='357010' date='Dec 17 2008, 03:44 PM']Nice ;o)

Yes, I have chatted with Thomas too. It's always great to ask a question and get a useful response from 'the man at the top'![/quote]

Yes, sure !
I chose my rig following all his anwers, and he was very helpfull, because, I have exactly what I was looking for...

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Got a nice email back from Thomas yesterday, looks like i will have to go thru Rosetti to get hold of these amps. They have sent me info on setting up an account and the tecamp catalogue. So hopefully i will know more next week, fingers crossed i can get them for a good price but I'm not sure I can get as good a deal as from Marc in the US.

Cheers,

Robbie.

• 3 months later...

[quote name='RIM Basses' post='390422' date='Jan 24 2009, 04:03 PM']Hi Guys,

Got a nice email back from Thomas yesterday, looks like i will have to go thru Rosetti to get hold of these amps. They have sent me info on setting up an account and the tecamp catalogue. So hopefully i will know more next week, fingers crossed i can get them for a good price but I'm not sure I can get as good a deal as from Marc in the US.

Cheers,

Robbie.[/quote]

Any news on a price list Robbie?

Hi Bud,

As I would be getting them from Marc in the US, we would be looking around the following prices.

Puma 350 £ 685
500 £ 800
1000 £ 1100

After speaking to Marc tonight, by the way my cabinets will finally be on there way tomorrow. Anyway he told me that the 350 head is class A/B and not much less that 500 watts, so in away it much like the mesa walkabout. The prices are ruff at the moment, it will all depend on taxes etc. But the way I look at it is, its a light head unit which can be send over thru the post. And if you under mark the value it will help on the taxes and duties. Im sure we have all done that before.

My only issue is, if I dont go thru Rosetti I wont have any cover and maybe im breaking the rules for there distro rights. When I called them they gave me the cold shoulder and told me if Im not a shop front business they dont want to know me. So to me they are doing nothing for tecamp, I also got in touch with Thomas. Great guy and he wanted to help and I told him my deal with Marc.

I will have to get back to Thomas and tell him about my issues and ask if its ok dealing with marc on the amps, if he is willing to cover all warranty issues then we are good to go.

Im also in talks with another amp builder at the mo, could be interesting.

Robbie.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='flippyfloop' post='485201' date='May 11 2009, 05:14 PM']I'm interested in the Puma 112 combo. Can't find a UK price ?[/quote]

Give Darren at the Bass Merchant a call. He has already sold some Tecamp heads to Basschatters