Why become a member? ×

Stanley Clarke/Stewart Copeland at Ronnie Scott's

Cjd191

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1339537066' post='1690319']
I would but there's a Big Stumbling Block - cheapest ticket £65. Has to be no, then. Pity.
[/quote]

65 SQUID !!!!

I'd want Stanley to come and play in my living room for that.

I'd give him coffee and biccies though :D

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Johngh' timestamp='1339537552' post='1690335']
65 SQUID !!!!

I'd want Stanley to come and play in my living room for that.
[/quote]

I'd want him to suck me off for that sort of money.
While Copeland watched.
And then give me an Alembic afterwards. :)

[quote name='Cjd191' timestamp='1339536713' post='1690305']
Me and my dad have just bought tickets to go and see these two live with a full band at Ronnie Scotts on the 21st July.

Really looking forward to this, both of them are awesome musicians.

Anybody else going to watch?
[/quote]
depending which tickets you have is worth getting there early on the evening and getting right near front of queue as they allocate the seating on the night on a first come first served basis so if you at the front of the queue you stand a good chance of being seated at the tables right at the front edge of the stage :)

That is a hell of a price, no doubt dictated by Copeland - I doubt Stan can pull that much for a ticket!

Should be an awesome show though, both great musicians (when piss poor [i]Police[/i] songs are avoided). If you are a fan of them, check out the [i]Animal Logic[/i] records, they are fantastic. Great, intelligent pop music that should appeal to musicians.

Hmmm, seems to me, you can pay £150 to go see The Beach Boys in the barn that is The Royal Albert Hall. I'd have said £65 to see two of the finest virtuosos of their respective instruments, at a cosy and IMHO acoustically superior venue like Ronnie Scotts, is a veritable bargain? But maybe that's just me?

I say, nice one cjd. Have a great time! I'm sure you will. Afraid I'm going to be out of the country, otherwise I would have been there too :-(

John :-)

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1341244718' post='1715653']
....check out the [i]Animal Logic[/i] records, they are fantastic. Great, intelligent pop music that should appeal to musicians.
[/quote]

I thought the lyrics on the first album were the most godawful mawkish Moon/June crap I've ever heard. Didn't bother with any other stuff as a result.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1341250535' post='1715789']
I thought the lyrics on the first album were the most godawful mawkish Moon/June crap I've ever heard. Didn't bother with any other stuff as a result.
[/quote]

Yes, aside from There's a Spy (In The House Of Love) the lyrics are either dodgy or dreary. But the fantastic playing, intelligent instrumentation and marvellous production make it more than worthwhile. Copeland was also on Stanley's [i]Night School[/i] DVD which is also very good. He is a great drummer, he just never got a chance to shine with Sting around

A slightly steep price tag I will agree on, however my Dad being a drummer has always had a bit of a thing about Copeland and I enjoy the music of both artists so I figured it will probably be one of the only chances to see them perform together. Also both me and my Dad have always fancied a trip to Ronnie Scott's so this just gave us a good excuse :D

I went to see Buddy Guy at a London Jazz festival many years ago. Turned out that Copeland was also on the bill. Fortunately for me, Buddy was on first because I had to leave halfway through Copeland's set. He's a virtuoso alright but I just couldn't stand what he was playing. But hey, it was a jazz festival so I have no complaints - horses for courses and all that.