Why become a member? ×

So who's playing a Jubilee gig? :)

After a quiet few months I've got 5 gigs in 4 days! All connected to the Hebden Bridge Blues Festival thru, rather than the jubilee.

I'm ambivalent about Frau Windsor myself, but if others want to celebrate then that's fine by me.....

Hi Zoe, good to see you back!

Four gigs this weekend: Live Lounge in Plymouth tonight, wedding tomorrow in the middle of a cricket pitch (I kid you not...), acoustic gig with Deckchair of Destiny on Sunday, then back with The Rock 'n' Roll Outlaws for a Jubilee gig on Tavistock Meadows on Monday night - headlining!
It's a busy one!

Playing three sets between 4 and 7pm on Sunday at a club in Peacehaven with the Faces cover band. Can't really be doing with all the monarchical nonsense personally, but I figure the best way to celebrate the jubilee is to be given some bits of paper with the queen's face on them when I've finished playing :biggrin:

hmmm just had a gig tonight cancelled.

It is a beer festival/Jubiliee thing as far as I can tell..I wasn't involved in the booking but it has been in the diary for a year almost.
They originally told us that they would move to the village hall in the event of bad weather.. and now they will not do that...and insist we play in a marquee
where all the beer is.

We said, that wasn't what was agreed and they have now said, 'don't bother, we have another band happy to play'.
Does this amount to a formal cancellation when we hit them with a cancel fee..??

How all this can come about from an e-mail received at 0800 this morning for tonight's gig tells me all I need to know about the organisers..
so I say walk away. The only trouble is that we have turned done good gigs for this..and the money was decent, so that makes it harder
to just write this off..even though it has all the hallmarks of a train wreck.

We did our little 2 man act yesterday with backing tracks to assembled 100 or so residents and other invited guests to our own street party. Several people taking photos but not seen any yet. We got though no more than 2 or 3 songs and there was a sudden heavy shower but it only lasted 10 mins or so then cleared and rest of the day was fone. I'd bought a gazebo so we stayed pretty dry, just a bit of rain got to the floor subs and wedge monitors but it all carried on working OK. No RCD but no lives lost. Several people came up to me later and said how great it was to have live music, made a difference to the overall atmosphere.

Edited by KevB

Played my second one of the weekend, local pub last night only to have it slightly overshadowed when my wife texted me to tell me my old mate and drummer from school days (35 years ago) was on television - playing outside the Palace :D