Why become a member? ×

being baseless AND EXCITING NEWS (see Post 8)

LukeFRC

I seem to be kinda temporally bassless and it's a really odd feeling.
I don't have a car and used the P bass at church in a hard case, I wanted to cycle home to catch the grand prix so left it in a cupboard there.
The warwick is sat there without a preamp currently. It's probably waiting for a ACG preamp to go in, except I have to wait till they are on sale- and I need to have the money- which I set aside but just spent on a diamond ring for someone.

So at the moment I am sans bass (that makes noise)

And it's odd, I miss it. I kinda didn't touch one for a month or so as I ran around finishing of my degree course- and now I have more time, and the house is empty....

I do have a nice acoustic, and the awesome electric 6 string guitars, but tbh they just sit there being unplayed and I look on the sale forum on here and wonder why I have two guitars at all!

Any one else feel lonely and sans bass?

Edited by LukeFRC

Right now I'm sitting in the front room after a long night shift. My markbass rig is set up 6 feet directly in front of me, and all my basses are in the cupboard another 6 feet to the left... My son and misses are upstairs asleep... I know your pain!

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1337244038' post='1657529']
My son and misses are upstairs asleep...
[/quote]

What are they doing in bed at 9:40 in the morning..? I bundled the current mrs discreet off to work and young master discreet off to school about two hours ago! *shakes house with loud rumbling noises* :D

[quote name='mushers' timestamp='1337246478' post='1657587']
i felt all alone when my fave bass went in for a neck replacement, somehow none of the other six in the house made me feel like playing :(

i would go get that P bass ! you will go crazy without a bass
[/quote]

I think I will have too! the fun of lugging a hiscox case 5 miles!

[i]I,ve not been able to play cos some dude in his car knocked me off my Mountain bike !! just had surgery to put my right wrist put back together.[/i]
[i]So I'm brushing up on my theory to fill the lost hours of no Vibrating metal against Resonant wood, And I'm actually enjoying it :D I can still fret and hammer on to hear the notes and to verify what I'm learning. [/i]
[i]Every cloud and all that ![/i]

Well... I went and got the bass today so I have something to play finally.

And well my Warwick will have to wait a wee bit for it's preamp... i had saved up almost everything I needed for it.... and then spent it on an engagement ring... and on thursday eve.... SHE SAID YES! woooo

(I may end up selling something to get the preamp or just start saving again- but hey! Im getting married next spring :) )

[quote name='jaybass 70' timestamp='1337325038' post='1657981']
[i]I,ve not been able to play cos some dude in his car knocked me off my Mountain bike !! just had surgery to put my right wrist put back together.[/i]
[i]So I'm brushing up on my theory to fill the lost hours of no Vibrating metal against Resonant wood, And I'm actually enjoying it :D I can still fret and hammer on to hear the notes and to verify what I'm learning. [/i]
[i]Every cloud and all that ![/i]
[/quote]
can you learn to play one handed? like a funny one handed version of a chapman stick? sucks though, I'm a cyclist and some drivers....

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1337425751' post='1659689']
Well... I went and got the bass today so I have something to play finally.

And well my Warwick will have to wait a wee bit for it's preamp... i had saved up almost everything I needed for it.... and then spent it on an engagement ring... and on thursday eve.... SHE SAID YES! woooo

(I may end up selling something to get the preamp or just start saving again- but hey! Im getting married next spring :) )
[/quote]

Congratulations!

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1337425751' post='1659689']
[/quote]

Er.. congratulations - I think... :unsure: No really, nice one! :D
Please convey my best wishes to the soon-to-be current Mrs FRC.