Why become a member? ×

Am I over reacting?

The story: I get an email saying that the X festival would like us to play there, no money but free ticket + some food. We played it a couple of years back and it was fun. Although I am available my wife is working so I'll have the kids that weekend so everything is going to be a bit more complex. The gig is in South wales so I'll be paying to cross the bridge and probably won't be able to stay over , so I won't get to use my free ticket.
Our lead guitarist can't make it but we might be able to get a really good electric fiddle player in as a dep, she knows most of our stuff anyway.
At this point I'm still happy to do the gig.
Then I get an email saying that one of the festival organizers wants to play "two or three" numbers with us on ...tea chest bass.
This is a 45 min slot (it probably incudes the sound check) , it's getting to a point where I have no interest in playing the gig.
I told them that as it's not the full band anyway and my attendance is tricky that weekend how about they do it as a smaller acoustic lineup and I'll sit it out. the others think it will get us brownie points but I just think it's a naff idea that I just can't cooperate with.
I think I'm being fairly diplomatic here ( some I've told about this said "if they said that to me I'd tell them to F#CK @FF!")

It sounds like the balance is far too much in the festival's favour on this one. I'd say diplomatically and politely decline, without burning any bridges (even the one across the River Severn).
You never know, they might just come back with a better offer, particularly as one of the organisers seems to have a itch he needs to scratch (on stage, with you).

Edited by Len_derby

Nothing worse that be cajoled into doing a gig that you don't fancy ( for one reason or another ) and end up paying for the priviledge.

If you don't want a fight over it..just use the 'child care' card and sorry, no can do..!!

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1337178735' post='1656740']
Nothing worse that be cajoled into doing a gig that you don't fancy ( for one reason or another ) and end up paying for the priviledge.

If you don't want a fight over it..just use the 'child care' card and sorry, no can do..!!
[/quote]

I'm with JTUK on this,sounds like to much aggro for nowt!
in a dragons den style "I'm out"