Why become a member? ×

Gone thank you

karlfer

I withdrew this a couple of weeks ago due to my feedback taking a hit. Things happen and I find myself in a position where I need to fund a Lakland Bob Glaub or Duck Dunn.
As a result this is back up.
1998 FENDER Donald Duck Dunn Precision Bass, Candy Apple Red, maple neck, board, anodised gold coloured scratchplate. Only 1000 ever made,Crafted In Japan. 150 made it to the states, the rest, who knows? I have not seen one on here in three years, nor have I seen one on FEEBay. Based on one of his 58's.
Generally very good condition but the only previous owner (bought new from Oasis in Jan 1999) gigged it heavily and it does show a little.
Issues.
Some marking on neck between 4/7th fret, G string side.
Gold colouring on scratchplate a little faded in parts.
Bridge screws have some rust on them.
Nasty little dink and a couple of scratches on top horn, front.
Pick up is not original, as aren't pots. Its a Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder SP3, The original pick up/pots are included in the sale price.
Tuners are replaced with current Kluson reverse which are period correct. Again I have the originals and they are included in the sale price.
42 mm nut 7.5 inch radius, about 8lb 2oz.
£550 collected from Wigan, £570 couriered after funds clear. This will include a tatty but perfectly functional Thomann hard case.
Sorry, no PAINPal and definitely UK/Eire only (sorry guys but Scottish Highlands and Eire/NI will be more than £20 to deliver.)
Please, any questions just ask, I need to get my feedback back on line.
Cheers,
Karl.[attachment=107740:Pic_0414_309.jpg][attachment=107741:Pic_0414_310.jpg][attachment=107742:Pic_0414_312.jpg][attachment=107743:Pic_0414_314.jpg][attachment=107744:Pic_0414_315.jpg][attachment=107745:Pic_0414_317.jpg][attachment=107746:Pic_0512_318.jpg][attachment=107747:Pic_0512_319.jpg][attachment=107748:Pic_0512_321.jpg][attachment=107749:Pic_0512_322.jpg]

Edited by karlfer

Sorry for delay, gigging last night.
Thanks for the kind comments guys, and PM's replied in chronological order "(ooo er, get me with the big words :P ).
Joe, you are in pole position, will let you other guys know, sorry.
Cheers,
Karl.

Edit. Hells Bells, just seen the news about Duck :(

Edited by karlfer

Thanks Hutton, wasn't aware of that.
I will get quotes if needed, but I've always found Parcel Force to be more expensive and less reliable than Paisley Freight.
Cheers,
Karl.

Edited by karlfer

Fair enough Karl. It's just that I have been hit by couriers for living where I do which is not in the Scottish Highlands and Islands but one hour away from one of the UK's busiest cities in the commercial sense. When I use parcelforce I am charged just over £20 to send a bass. I know feelings can run high regarding parcelforce but I have to say they haven't let me down - yet!

Know what you mean, one of the guys I work with lives in Inverness itself and it is always more expensive to send stuff to him by Paisley Freight, the only area they let me down in.
Possibly they think a new time zone starts at Perth :P .
I will certainly get quotes from Parcel Force if it does end up going there, (mind, I'm in Dunfermline on Tuesday ;) ).
Cheers,
Karl.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1336893104' post='1652280']
Know what you mean, one of the guys I work with lives in Inverness itself and it is always more expensive to send stuff to him by Paisley Freight, the only area they let me down in.
Possibly they think a new time zone starts at Perth :P .
I will certainly get quotes from Parcel Force if it does end up going there, (mind, I'm in Dunfermline on Tuesday ;) ).
Cheers,
Karl.
[/quote]

Check out this from Parcelforce, before using them:

[b] [b][size=4]Items we exclude from compensation[/size][/b][/b]

[b] [b][size=4]Please be aware that goods are excluded from compensation as follows:[/size][/b][/b]

[b][size=4]Musical instruments - no enhanced compensation is available[/size][/b]

Should the item go missing, get damaged, no comeback. Even if you`ve paid for extra insurance, as the item is in the list of their exclusions, no payout.

Edited by Lozz196

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1336893104' post='1652280']

Possibly they think a new time zone starts at Perth
[/quote]

It's 1986 in Perth, in 12 years time your bass will be built. Wish I had the cash for this one right now.

[quote name='deaver' timestamp='1336904532' post='1652465']
It's 1986 in Perth, in 12 years time your bass will be built. Wish I had the cash for this one right now.
[/quote]

really? are they still getting shafted by a tory government? so different to the rest of the UK

The three who wanted to but this on Saturday appear to have lost interest :( .

The great man himself apparently had Serial numbers 1 and 2 of this bass, (Fender forum) this is number 231 of 1000. All made in 1998.
No gospel, but I did read somewhere that three special runs were made out of the same factory in 1998, the first Geddies, first Marcuses and the only run of these.
Obviously the Lee and Millers are still produced to this day, the Duck's aren't!
Hopefully a real Fender expert may be able to confirm what I think I read (or deny it, in which case I will remove this gut feeling).
Cheers,
Karl.

In response to questions, these were all Alder bodies.
According to Fender forum most of Duck's legendary work was done on two 1958 Precisions, a maple board and a rosewood board.
This is obviously based on the maple boarded one.
One of these Japanese signature basses (presumably serial number 1 or 2 ) is glimpsed fleetingly in the hands of the Duck in The Blues Brothers film.
Finally, yes, £550 in my eyes it's worth at least as much as a Geddy, or a Mexican 50's P bass.
Cheers,
Karl.

Again in response to questions, recently had a full professional set up by Ritchie Thompson, Thompson Guitars, Wigan. Ritchie is a wizzard.
This included new 45-105 Status Premium strings, new Switchcraft jack socket, action/intonation/pick up set up.
Cheers,
Karl.