Why become a member? ×

sold :)

dr Szelma

[quote name='dr Szelma' timestamp='1335978359' post='1638994']
it's not plywood but proper alder and I'm going to report that spam to the moderators. by the way - this bass is worthy EVERY SINGLE PENNY!
[/quote]

I wouldn't, you'll open up a huge can of worms here!

[quote name='dr Szelma' timestamp='1335978359' post='1638994']
it's not plywood but proper alder[/quote]

I guess you could prove me wrong with a photo. My first bass looked a lot like this, had a plywood body, I bought it from McGrane's in Leeds for £50. Later I accidentally threw out of a window and set fire to after I'd replaced it with a £200 Yamaha.

Seems there's been half a dozen on here this week, all from the same factory with the blank headstock that bore a thousand budget brand names. Mine got 'Satellite'.

I don't normally comment on overpriced tosh in the For Sale forums but these basses are simply not worth hundreds of pounds. I couldn't flat-out say they are garbage because I was a beginner when I had one, but the one I bought was considerably cheaper than any other bass I've ever seen, and that was in a guitar shop.

[color=#273d14]I'll put the 2 ads together then it makes it easier to decide which one to go for.[/color]

[color=#273d14]hi there, up for sale FANTASTIC P-bass... THIS BASS IS A KILLER! [/color]
[color=#1344a6]hi there, up for sale FANTASTIC Jazz Bass... THIS BASS IS A KILLER! [/color]

[color=#273d14]34" scale, ash body, maple neck, very strong and decent output, this bass overall is as good as my 1964 Fender P-bass!!! [/color]
[color=#1344a6]34" scale, alder body, maple neck + rosewood fretboard, THIS BASS SINGS!!! I LOVE IT!!![/color]

[color=#273d14]I've had them all - Tokai, Ibanez, Maya, Greco, you name it... none of them was as good as this one!!![/color]
[color=#1344a6]I've had them all - Fender, Tokai, Ibanez, Maya, Greco, you name it... none of them was as good as this one!!![/color]

[color=#273d14]Made in Japan, FujiGen factory, 1970's. This Grant is a lawsuit copy of Fender Precision Bass, [/color]
[color=#1344a6]Made in Japan, FujiGen factory, 1970's. This Grant is a lawsuit copy of Fender Jazz Bass, [/color]
[color=#273d14]Very low string action without a fretbuzz[/color]

[color=#273d14]Grant guitars are mentioned in the Blue Book and The Guru's Guitar Guide. Grant was a UK importer, and the guitars were made in Japan by FujiGen Gakki, who made Ibanez guitars and later was the main supplier of OEM Japanese Fenders.[/color]
[color=#1344a6]Grant guitars are mentioned in the Blue Book and The Guru's Guitar Guide. Grant was a UK importer, and the guitars were made in Japan by FujiGen Gakki, who made Ibanez guitars and later was the main supplier of OEM Japanese Fenders.[/color]

[color=#273d14]Hard case precision shape comes free with this bass.[/color]
[color=#1344a6]Stainless Ernie Ball's fitted on this bass, you'll be surprised with very low string action without fretbuzz! [/color]
[color=#273d14]You're more than welcome to come and try this bass Warwickshire - Nuneaton. my mob is 07438912414[/color]
[color=#1344a6]You're more than welcome to come and try this bass Warwickshire - Nuneaton. my mob is 07438912414[/color]
[color=#273d14]only £409.95! This is a bargain, trust me... you'll never get that quality P-bass for that money again...[/color]
[color=#1344a6]only £419.95! This is a bargain, trust me... you'll never get that quality J-bass for that money again...[/color]
[color=#273d14]cheers![/color]
[color=#1344a6]cheers![/color]

Edited by Al Heeley

I'm confused are these bass guitars awesome or sh1t. Is this a scam or what's going on here. I actually fancied the p bass. I was gonna make an offer but it seems the thread has been closed. Can someone shed a little light here.

[quote name='Al Heeley' timestamp='1335997162' post='1639442']
[color=#273D14]I'll put the 2 ads together then it makes it easier to decide which one to go for.[/color]

[color=#273D14]hi there, up for sale FANTASTIC P-bass... THIS BASS IS A KILLER! [/color]
[color=#1344A6]hi there, up for sale FANTASTIC Jazz Bass... THIS BASS IS A KILLER! [/color]

[color=#273D14]34" scale, ash body, maple neck, very strong and decent output, this bass overall is as good as my 1964 Fender P-bass!!! [/color]
[color=#1344A6]34" scale, alder body, maple neck + rosewood fretboard, THIS BASS SINGS!!! I LOVE IT!!![/color]

[color=#273D14]I've had them all - Tokai, Ibanez, Maya, Greco, you name it... none of them was as good as this one!!![/color]
[color=#1344A6]I've had them all - Fender, Tokai, Ibanez, Maya, Greco, you name it... none of them was as good as this one!!![/color]

[color=#273D14]Made in Japan, FujiGen factory, 1970's. This Grant is a lawsuit copy of Fender Precision Bass, [/color]
[color=#1344A6]Made in Japan, FujiGen factory, 1970's. This Grant is a lawsuit copy of Fender Jazz Bass, [/color]
[color=#273D14]Very low string action without a fretbuzz[/color]

[color=#273D14]Grant guitars are mentioned in the Blue Book and The Guru's Guitar Guide. Grant was a UK importer, and the guitars were made in Japan by FujiGen Gakki, who made Ibanez guitars and later was the main supplier of OEM Japanese Fenders.[/color]
[color=#1344A6]Grant guitars are mentioned in the Blue Book and The Guru's Guitar Guide. Grant was a UK importer, and the guitars were made in Japan by FujiGen Gakki, who made Ibanez guitars and later was the main supplier of OEM Japanese Fenders.[/color]

[color=#273D14]Hard case precision shape comes free with this bass.[/color]
[color=#1344A6]Stainless Ernie Ball's fitted on this bass, you'll be surprised with very low string action without fretbuzz! [/color]
[color=#273D14]You're more than welcome to come and try this bass Warwickshire - Nuneaton. my mob is 07438912414[/color]
[color=#1344A6]You're more than welcome to come and try this bass Warwickshire - Nuneaton. my mob is 07438912414[/color]
[color=#273D14]only £409.95! This is a bargain, trust me... you'll never get that quality P-bass for that money again...[/color]
[color=#1344A6]only £419.95! This is a bargain, trust me... you'll never get that quality J-bass for that money again...[/color]
[color=#273D14]cheers![/color]
[color=#1344A6]cheers![/color]
[/quote]

The great irony is that when you read the ebay version for the P (the one that got the P thread pulled), the description would have sat fairly well here whereas this ^ is par for the course for the bay.

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1335998160' post='1639458']
I'm confused are these bass guitars awesome or sh1t. Is this a scam or what's going on here. I actually fancied the p bass. I was gonna make an offer but it seems the thread has been closed. Can someone shed a little light here.
[/quote]

It's not a scam. Just some inaccuracies and over enthusiastic hyperbole in the description... and a bit not as down to earth as you usually see on here.

I hope I'm not breaking any rules in clarifying this for you. :unsure:

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1335998240' post='1639460']
The great irony is that when you read the ebay version for the P (the one that got the P thread pulled), the description would have sat fairly well here whereas this ^ is par for the course for the bay.
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly Rich - almost as if it's been copied & pasted straight from the Ebay listing!?

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1335998160' post='1639458']I'm confused are these bass guitars awesome or sh1t. Is this a scam or what's going on here. I actually fancied the p bass. I was gonna make an offer but it seems the thread has been closed. Can someone shed a little light here.[/quote]

They look the part but they aren't - in my experience. And they are not highly valued and the prices in these threads are ridiculous. If you want to buy them anyway and don't mind losing £300+ when you come to re-sell it then go right ahead. These are stupid prices.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1335998967' post='1639472']
They look the part but they aren't - in my experience. And they are not highly valued and the prices in these threads are ridiculous. If you want to buy them anyway and don't mind losing £300+ when you come to re-sell it then go right ahead. These are stupid prices.
[/quote]

But we cant say that on here, as its against forum rules.

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1335998514' post='1639467']
It's not a scam. Just some inaccuracies and over enthusiastic hyperbole in the description... and a bit not as down to earth as you usually see on here.

[/quote]

Agreed, Grant basses are decent instruments and the Precision is a nice example. They were however budget instruments and without a prestigious name. In reality despite their MIJ lineage they lack the kudos, collectability and therefore percieved 'value' of more recognisable importer's brands such as Greco, Antoria, etc.

Edited by ash