Why become a member? ×

Anyone ordered from basspartsresource.com ??

Twigman

I am GASing for another bass build and this site [url="http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/middle_bass.htm"]http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/middle_bass.htm[/url] seems to have quite a few parts in stock cheaper than I can get in UK/EU (even if I add 20% VAT).
Obviously ordering parts from Ohio and shipping to UK is something I don't do every day so was wondering if others have dealt with this firm and whether anyone can vouch for their service?

TIA

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1335876458' post='1637347']
Depending on what you order there may be taxes levied by customs so factor that into your prices....
[/quote]
I understand that and have done it before with US suppliers just never dealt with this lot.

Yeah I have a few times. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them, always got stuff from them in about a week and usually avoided customs. There are some stories on the web about how bad they are if things go wrong though...communication doesn't exist basically.

Yep I have placed an order from them as well. Bought a bridge and some tuner parts from them, arrived in reasonable time, and they even put the value at much less than what it is actually worth in order to avoid having to fork out loadsamoney to customs.

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1335982560' post='1639136']
they even put the value at much less than what it is actually worth in order to avoid having to fork out loadsamoney to customs.
[/quote]

Gotta be a bit wary of this on insured stuff though, if the item gets lost the couriers will go by this stated value. I never received a bass bought on ebay from the States once, luckily the guy had put down the full price paid so got money back from the couriers.

I paid $35 delivery (insured trackable USPS) for some Fender RI Vintage reverse tuners (much cheaper in US than here) , a PBass pickup (much cheaper in US than here) , a neck plate and various bits of other small hardware.

Currently the package is in Chicago

[quote name='Jono Bolton' timestamp='1336000751' post='1639502']
What are the delivery charges like? I had a look at the site but couldn't work it out.
[/quote]

If you add the parts you want to your "cart" and go to checkout, it'll calculate the postage before you have to put in your card details.