Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer (4 string) For Sale

pcornford001

[size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]For Sale: 4 string Warwick Streamer. Original German built one with glued neck (as opposed to later, Asian bolted neck type). Excellent condition, no scratches (little used!). New strings fitted + spare set of strings included. Also included are a soft carry case and gold plated jack leads. I live in the North East (Near Guisborough) but am happy to post if required (probably around £10). £750 ono. email me at: [email protected] for any further info.[/font][/size]

[size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Photos:[/font][/size]

Edited by pcornford001

That's a through neck, not a glued neck....lovely instruments...I have one.

Glued necks (or set necks) are a seperate piece that is set into the body by a carpentry join and glued into place. A through neck like that goes all the way through the body and has machine heads, nut, and bridge all on one piece of wood...which is why they sound so gorgeous!

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1335764421' post='1635497']
Hi Phil, good to see you here, (it's Tom from church)
What a stunning bass that is! I doubt it'll be here long at that price B)
[/quote]
tom, you not looking for a light weight bass? my one of these is under 8lb ....

It might be a good idea if the seller does a first dibs list, after all he has posted this 3 times and members are mailing him via 2 of these post's as we speak.... Could get very confussing!!

Anyway, i got my bid in at in at 7.16am.. :)

Edited by Bassulike66

[quote name='fernandobicho' timestamp='1335779247' post='1635726']
Great price for an early Streamer 1... old preamp but MEC PUs and old truss road cover...maybe ealry 90's.
[/quote]

+1 on early 90's

2 band EQ, No dots (stopped around 1990) on fingerboard, no neck volute (came in mid 90's), they also started using a lot of well flamed maple around the early/mid 90's.

Regards weight - the weight can vary by as much as 2lb; I've had Streamer Stage I's from this era as light as just over 8lb and I had one through my hands that was just over 10lb.

Nice bass mind and if it were a light one then I'd have been interested. ;)

Hi folks - Firstly, apologies for the multiple postings of my ad - This was an accident when I was trying to add the links to the photos! I couldn't see how to delete the threads once they'd been created. I hope people can see that they're all for one and the same instrument.

I've been a bit overwhelmed by the interest, which is great in one way but difficult in others! Firstly, to answer one question asked:

The serial number of the bass is F3479 - 91. The '91' is centred and underneath the F3479. (Does this mean 1991 manufacture? - I guess some of you experts might know for definite).

I've had quite a few offers in an incredibly short space of time, including for my full asking price which is great. However, it has also been suggested that I might be undersellling it a bit. My financial circumstances are that I lost my job a few months ago and I'm currently re-training for a new job (hopefully!). As a result, money is currently very tight for me, and this is the only reason I'm having to sell it to raise some funds and keep my mortgage company at bay! Therefore, to try and be fair to everyone (including myself) I propose to:

Effectively, be open to any further offers until the end of Friday this week (i.e. Friday 4th May 2012). I will then accept the earliest/best offer combination. i.e. If I get more than one offer for the same amount, then I'll accept the earlier person to offer. Does this sound reasonable? I hope so. Happy to answer any further questions people may have. Many thanks y'all, Phil.

[quote name='Bassulike66' timestamp='1335775574' post='1635647']
It might be a good idea if the seller does a first dibs list, after all he has posted this 3 times and members are mailing him via 2 of these post's as we speak.... Could get very confussing!!

Anyway, i got my bid in at in at 7.16am.. :)
[/quote]

Wot i sed!!!......

I don't think ill be dirtying myself any further with these matters...ive got one anyway! :lol:

If its his Bass can he not do what he wants regarding the price of it or is that against the Basschat rules?

If his price is below the true value could someone could buy it them make a fast profit.

If the poor chap has lost his job then he's going to need every penny its worth.

Lets help a fellow basschatter out rather than get something for less than its worth.

This is just my thoughts on it & I don't mean to cheese anyone off :)

Edited by Ghost Rider

TBH nobody is going to make a big profit on this - they can sell for £700 upwards but in my experience they don't go far upwards!

I thought he'd priced it perfectly for a quick sale. If he'd said £800 I bet there would be a lot less interested parties.

And for the record I haven't made an offer on it myself, I don't want/need one, I already have a 1991 Warwick. :)

It's not the first a new member has done this, i just think the chap needs a gentle introduction into the BC way of doing things!

As far as i understand it, its bad form to move the goalposts once a price has been stated.

And just for the record i did make an offer - only because i wanted to butcher the pups and pre amp...or should i say experiment with different set ups whilst keeping the one i already have original....or something like that! :)

Edited by Bassulike66

[quote name='Ghost Rider' timestamp='1335791463' post='1636030']
If its his Bass can he not do what he wants regarding the price of it [u]or is that against the Basschat rules[/u]?
[/quote]

In fact it is! Though I agree with your sentiments and everyone would probably want to help this guy out, you may as well say that the rule re. pricing be ditched and we invite highest offers. However, the powers-that-be have made a ruling that a price be set and you aren't to offer higher bids above that (that'll be ebay's job).

As has been pointed out, it'll not go for a whole heap more than has been offered (though I'd not sell mine so cheaply) and in fact folks might get a bit miffed at bidding to get the item (hence the ruling that we state prices and stick to them) and they may even withdraw interest.

I'm not having a dig at the seller, I feel sorry for anyone who has fallen on hard times.

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1335797508' post='1636152']
In fact it is! Though I agree with your sentiments and everyone would probably want to help this guy out, you may as well say that the rule re. pricing be ditched and we invite highest offers. However, the powers-that-be have made a ruling that a price be set and you aren't to offer higher bids above that (that'll be ebay's job).

As has been pointed out, it'll not go for a whole heap more than has been offered (though I'd not sell mine so cheaply) and in fact folks might get a bit miffed at bidding to get the item (hence the ruling that we state prices and stick to them) and they may even withdraw interest.

I'm not having a dig at the seller, I feel sorry for anyone who has fallen on hard times.
[/quote]

+1

A while back I was in precisely the same situation, I had to raise some cash (and quickly too) so ended up selling my Streamer Stage 1 and also my beloved '68 Fender P - a truly gut wrenching experience at the time and one I'd certainly not want to experience again. The point of this post was to say that I had made my mind up about price of the two basses to be sold and stuck with it - I'm sure I could have held out for more, but as I said I needed the cash to satisfy the mortgage lender - without rules where would we be?

The P Bass has been since replaced with another '68 although not quite as nice as the last one and I was hoping the this would have replaced the Streamer (I'd offered the full asking price) but obviously this was not to be.

This is not meant as a slight to anyone at all - just venting that's all!

MB1. B)
Everything on the Forum has to have a price listed (as this is not Ebay or any other auction site)...Forum Policy.
Unless of course its a trade your after then its always wise to mention what items youd like to trade for! or even add a price range
...I have been offered a case of plum peeled Tomatoes in a trade once!.
BUMP!

Edited by MB1

The fella doesn't know the forum rules, he now does.
The bass is a wee bit underpriced for a 1991, if he want's to increase the price I wouldn't have a problem with that- his pricing was in ignorance.
Personally I would suggest sticking it on the warwick forum at a higher price first and being prepared to post to europe....

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1335822549' post='1636713']
The fella doesn't know the forum rules, he now does.
[/quote]

Ignorance doesn't carry any weight I'm afraid....one should be aware of the rules [b]before[/b] posting!

With regards his pricing see my previous post! As previously posted by others, no one is going to "get rich quick" by buying this at the sellers agreed price and subsequently offering it for sale?

As I stated before, I don't wish to slight anyone, however, after [b]offering the asking price[/b] I was then e-mailed (privately) asking if I'd like to increase my offer! That is what I object to!

[quote name='Thor' timestamp='1335824320' post='1636744']
Ignorance doesn't carry any weight I'm afraid....one should be aware of the rules [b]before[/b] posting!

With regards his pricing see my previous post! As previously posted by others, no one is going to "get rich quick" by buying this at the sellers agreed price and subsequently offering it for sale?

As I stated before, I don't wish to slight anyone, however, after [b]offering the asking price[/b] I was then e-mailed (privately) asking if I'd like to increase my offer! That is what I object to!
[/quote]

Hmmm I've never been a great supporter of the forum rule for posting fixed prices BUT looking at this I can see why it would bug quite a few people. :(

[quote name='Thor' timestamp='1335824320' post='1636744']

[/quote]

I like to think the best of people. He gets lots and lots of offers and probably PM's telling him it's too cheap. He panics and writes the post he did- he was wrong to do so but it's understandable. The rules are rules but lots of the etiquette on here you have to be around a bit to pick up.
But yes, he should have withdrawn it for sale temporerally and then brought it in at a higher price rather than what he did, which is utterly not basschat.

I wonder if we should have a forum where approximate values can be discussed. It would perhaps help potential sellers to realistically value their instruments and thus avoid threads like this one. It just seems to me that immaculate basses going for 50% of their original value is not a good thing when you are selling in hard economic times. I'm sure that others will have different opinions. I am honestly not trying to hijack this thread and wish the seller of this beautiful looking Streamer all the very best in the sale.