Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer (4 string) For Sale

pcornford001

[quote name='Hutton' timestamp='1335860070' post='1636915']
I wonder if we should have a forum where approximate values can be discussed. It would perhaps help potential sellers to realistically value their instruments and thus avoid threads like this one.[/quote]

+1.

I think if the seller wants to revise his price then that's fine, it's just the suggestion of auctioning the bass that goes against the rules. Of course if he subsequently raises the price again then that's probably when his listing should get pulled.

I have seen at least one BCer buy a clearly-underpriced bass on here before and immediately re-list it with a few hundred quid added on to the price. Which IMO is a lot worse than just getting your selling price wrong in the first place.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1335862095' post='1636954']
I have seen at least one BCer buy a clearly-underpriced bass on here before and immediately re-list it with a few hundred quid added on to the price. Which IMO is a lot worse than just getting your selling price wrong in the first place.
[/quote]

Indeed, it was a very nice bass though. Mind you, we're still in a recession and selling prices are nowhere near what they were a few years ago (unless you're buying new, which is now more expensive than ever).

Hi all. Firstly, I apologise sincerely for messing people around - It was in ignorance of the forum rules that I suggested best offers. What happened was exactly what someone higher up the thread postulated - I got deluged within just a few hours, didn't really know what best to do, and so suggested the 'best offers' idea. I realise now that this was a 'no no'. I don't even have my own internet connection at the moment (I keep having to go round a mate's house!) so even responding to people hasn't been easy. One of the great things about forums like this is that it brings lots of friendly/helpful people with the same interest to one place, and I really appreciate that - However, one of the difficult things is that the opinion/suggestions/advice/offers can be overwhelming to a skint forum newbie such as myself! For now, I've decided to withdraw the sale until I've done a bit more research and satisfied myself that I'm getting a reasonable price for it. Apologies once again - Thanks for the interest, and thanks to everyone who offered their advice. Cheers, Phil.