Why become a member? ×

Geezer's home practice rig

daz

Note there are two cabs behind him as well! :)

Imagine accidentally walking in front of it as Geezer turned it up to 11 and twanged an open E. You would disappear, as your body immediately reverted to its constituent electrons! Edited by daz

[quote name='daz' timestamp='1335123713' post='1626111']

Note there are two cabs behind him as well! :)

Imagine accidentally walking in front of it as Geezer turned it up to 11 and twanged an open E. You would disappear, as your body immediately reverted to its constituent electrons!
[/quote]

I had something like that actually happen back in '05. My band were supporting Styx at somewhere large and I took a wrong turn backstage in true spinal tap fashion. Ended up in the corridor where they ran the offstage back line.
Four ampeg 8x10's and four or six Marshall 4x12's running full tilt, and I had to get down the corridor. Jeeeees!!!! Felt like i was being rearranged inside :)

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1335125817' post='1626156']
I showed my wife that pic and said "Just be glad I'm not after a rig that big.", to which she replied "If you had a room big enough to put it all in then I wouldn't care.". I love that woman.
[/quote]

It's not about size, it's what you do with it :yarr:

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1335125817' post='1626156']
I showed my wife that pic and said "Just be glad I'm not after a rig that big.", to which she replied "If you had a room big enough to put it all in then I wouldn't care.". I love that woman.
[/quote]

I think you've got the wrong idea mate, she means she wants you to be able to afford a bigger house! :P

Ah... I remember back in the late 70s going to see Sabbath in Coventry. (Van Halen were support!!). I got down to the front, up against the stage, right in front of Geezer's rig. I could feel my chest move and my ears rang for three days afterwards.

Happy days!

I thought I was overdoing it with a Peavey TKO80.

I saw Heaven and Hell at the Albert Hall a couple of years back and, unbelieveably, they were drowned out on the volume front by the support band Lamb of God who are the loudest thing I have ever experienced. Thank God for ear plugs.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1335177414' post='1626636']
Wasn't that at Wembley? (I was there too.) And Lamb Of God are sh*t.
[/quote]

The old grey matter fails me again - you are quite right. :)

On both counts. :) :) What a terrible racket they were! Still a lot of young people there seemed to enjoy them - that strange tornado of twirling and punching going on in the middle.

Lamb of God are great. Campbell is a very underrated bassist IMO.

Heaven and Hell were superb that night, one of my favourite live performances ever. I was also a big Iced Earth fan at the time so that was pretty much my perfect gig lineup, what a night.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1335178871' post='1626667']
They needed a "young" band to pull in the children and grandchildren of the original fans! They chose a crap one, though. When I saw Priest Feast, again at Wembley, they had a humongous lineup - Testament, Megadeth and Priest! I died and went to heaven :)
[/quote]

Priest and Testament were excellent, shame about Megadeth. I saw them at Download and the Astoria in 2007 and thought they were really good, but every time I've seen them since I've found them increasingly boring.

Iced Earth good, yes. At the time of that Wembley gig Megadeth comprised Mustaine and a lot of extremely proficient - but soulless and boring - musicians. And Mustaine's guitar sound was irritatingly full of treble and no mid or bass, and his voice sounded like Donald Duck more than ever on that occasion. But I still loved them! :)

I saw H&H on that tour as well in Nottingham. I don't think I made it to the end of either support act, unadulterated racket. But as has been said, it wasn't for me and my generation, twas for the kids and they seemed to be lapping it up.