Why become a member? ×

MIM Burgundy Mist '60s RI Jazz Bass with matching headstock!!

deanovw

Hi, here is my Fender, Mexico, Burgundy Mist, '60s Re-Issue Jazz Bass with matching headstock!!

Made in 2002-2003 it is one of the nicest Jazz basses I have owned. Being a '60s RI it has small reverse tuners, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, alder body, mint scratch plate. Its all here.

I don't want to sell it but I need to free up some cash and have a Road Worn Jazz as my main bass.

It is in excellent condition throughout. There are a few tiny dings but nothing of concern.

Price is £550 shipped in the UK. I am in Cornwall if you want to try before you buy. Any inspection is welcome.

Comes with Fender gig bag.

Any questions just ask. I will let the pics do the talking.

[quote name='redstriper' timestamp='1333731547' post='1605876']
What is the weight please and how does it compare to the RW in feel, weight and tone?
[/quote]

I have just put both basses on the scales, (not at the same time :gas: )
Road worn = 4kg
Burgundy Mist = 4.4kg
(my bathroom scales are not guaranteed to be accurate)

It feels exactly the same as the Road Worn neck wise. You can notice the weight difference if you go from one to the other. Its not a heavy bass though.
Tone? there is nothing in it, maaaybe less low mids but that might be the strings.

Edited by deanovw

I think this was bought from Rumble last year, who bought it from Andy Travis the year before. Despite going back through both threads cant quite fathom out what the pups are, so sorry, tried but I was no help :blush: .
I keep wanting to buy this every time it comes up, but having just got a Rick copy, timing has buggered me.
Good luck,
Karl.

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1333835772' post='1607289']
Actually........yours does have the matching headstock!! :D

Here's the one i'm hoping to get;
[attachment=104476:bm11.jpg]
[/quote]

That is nice. Wrap it up and send it over.