Why become a member? ×

Beatles Isolated tracks

witterth

Hi
I found this intresting, and you chaps may have heard this before, but anyone learning the bass part, listen closely.
I'd guess it is a sample of the "isolated" drum part and because of 60's recording methods there is "bleed" from Maccas bass amp and the backing vocal "bleed" from the nature of bouncing tracks together, its what they had to do pre 24 track, or indeed digital equipment.
good players sound good "stripped down" and Macca and Ringo dont ya think? interesting

[media]http://youtu.be/A1xzJZ7BXkQ[/media]

Edited by witterth

It's a fantastic bass part, incredibly well crafted. If I remember correctly Harrison (who wrote the tune) didn't like it. And yes, Ringo's playing is wonderfully tasteful as well. They all developed as musicians over time, but I think Ringo and Harrison most noticeably so, and their eventual attention to detail makes the Beatles later work great to listen to.

[quote name='Jack Cahalane' timestamp='1332801305' post='1593464']
I really want to hear Rain and Taxman isolated but I can't find them anywhere.
[/quote][url="http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/bts/Beatles,_The.htm"]These[/url] may be of interest. Some genuine tracks and some dodgy ones. Unfortunately, Rain and Taxman aren't the real deal.

[quote name='SteveK' timestamp='1332804024' post='1593500']
[url="http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/bts/Beatles,_The.htm"]These[/url] may be of interest. Some genuine tracks and some dodgy ones. Unfortunately, Rain and Taxman aren't the real deal.
[/quote]

Cheers, working my way through them now.
Christ, Rain is way off on that one! Taxman isn't quite right either

Great stuff. Interesting how the bass is backed off in the mix to allow the toms to come through in the chorus. Unsure if that happens on the actual song or if it's just on the isolated tracks?

Edited by Wil

If anyone is interested, there is a torrent available (called Multitrack Beatles Masters) with the 4-track masters from A Day In The Life, Sgt Pepper's LHCB, She's leaving Home and With A Little Help From My Friends.

You can load up the 4 tracks from each song into something like Audacity and play with them to your hearts content - hearing what the bass/rhythm track is doing for example.

For a Beatles nut like me it's not far from heaven!

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1332831981' post='1593574']

It's the Ric.

He stopped using the Hofner by the time they made Revolver (1966).
[/quote]

I think I remember MacCartney or maybe Geoff Emerick mentioning that it got to around Abbey Road time that he was mixing it up with the Rik, the Hofner and one or two others?