Why become a member? ×

End of GAS

WishICouldWalk

This year I've acquired and Lakland DJ5 bass, a Markbass LMK head and an EBS Neo 2x12 cab. On top of that I've got an EBD multicomp and and EBS Micro Bass preamp and seriously, I don't think I want anymore kit! I find myself going onto Ebay and the for sale section of basschat totally on autopilot. Then I stare at the screen and realise that I don't want to buy anything. Seems like a whole part of my life has disappeared.

S'pose there might be room in my life for a girlfriend now :)

[quote name='birdy' post='175131' date='Apr 12 2008, 12:56 PM']You guys just aren't trying hard enough :-)

Steve[/quote]
Well said Steve! We can't have lightweights around here - this is no place for the Bass equivalents of CND supporters.. It's Basschat + GAS or nothing, ok.. Isaac? Nick? Just want to get this straight...

OK! :)

Edited by silverfoxnik

[quote name='NickThomas' post='175136' date='Apr 12 2008, 01:05 PM']Ok OK I'm in denial .... I still walk funny when I think about the beautiful SKB3005 Mark has at bassdirect lol

edit: just checked the website and it's sold .. now I'm stumped lol[/quote]
Sounds like a merciful release to me! There I am, thinking I've got everything I need - and I have. Then I spot the Cutlass 2 one day out of the blue and I've made my mind up that I'm going to have it (although not beyond a reasonable price)...

...I'm a slave to my own impulses sometimes. If I don't make a decision to sell some of this stuff at some point I'll probably end up amassing a series of examples that tell the story of early graphite neck design and manufacture in bass guitars (ie. Steinberger L2, a Strata bass (pre Status), another Alembic with a graphite neck etc.)

I wish! I have a list of things I'm working my way through...

Status S2-Classic - Got it!
Status KingBass - Got it!
Status Series 2 - Coming very soon...
6-string Overwater... One day!
5-string fretless... Musing over this one...
Epiphone 5-string banjo... Just a passing fancy..
Another double bass... Been putting it off for too long!
Bass Cube 100... If we get many more 60's gigs, this will be needed as opposed to wanted!

Oh, I forgot the Status Streamliner I keep looking at ordering as well!

So little time & money, etc...

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='WishICouldWalk' post='175217' date='Apr 12 2008, 03:27 PM']I started thinking about the hassle of a girlfriend and all of a sudden I became gripped by the need for a 70s jazz.[/quote]
LMAO

Thankyou. I've just coated my keyboard in South African Chenin Blanc. The way your mind works is very disturbing but I like it a lot.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='175234' date='Apr 12 2008, 03:46 PM']LMAO

Thankyou. I've just coated my keyboard in South African Chenin Blanc. The way your mind works is very disturbing but I like it a lot.[/quote]

A glass/bottle of wine at 15:46... seems someone has problems other than GAS :)

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='175234' date='Apr 12 2008, 03:46 PM']LMAO

Thankyou. I've just coated my keyboard in South African Chenin Blanc. The way your mind works is very disturbing but I like it a lot.[/quote]

Not sure which one is better, having a mind that disturbs or a mind that's disturbed?

[quote name='WishICouldWalk' post='175368' date='Apr 12 2008, 06:46 PM']Not sure which one is better, having a mind that disturbs or a mind that's disturbed?[/quote]

The answer to the riddle: A mind that disturbs is a disturbed mind :)

I have a similar problem, once I had 16 Yamaha SBVs, and then various Status/Modulus/StingRays, now I have one Bongo and no desire for anything else.

I've had any number of amps and cabs and now have settled on the LittleMark II - still a bit of juggling to do with regard to cabs, but I'll be building those myself.

I've bought and sold quite a few effects too, and currently have a Bass Floor Pod, which I'm thinking about selling as I'm not sure I'll be using it often enough to make it worth keeping.

It's only a matter of time before something catches my eye, I'm sure - but those moments are becoming fewer with further between...

Sorry.

:)

[quote name='Paul_C' post='175547' date='Apr 13 2008, 10:11 AM']I have a similar problem, once I had 16 Yamaha SBVs, and then various Status/Modulus/StingRays, now I have one Bongo and no desire for anything else.

I've had any number of amps and cabs and now have settled on the LittleMark II - still a bit of juggling to do with regard to cabs, but I'll be building those myself.

I've bought and sold quite a few effects too, and currently have a Bass Floor Pod, which I'm thinking about selling as I'm not sure I'll be using it often enough to make it worth keeping.

It's only a matter of time before something catches my eye, I'm sure - but those moments are becoming fewer with further between...

Sorry.

:)[/quote]

Not only that, but I've got money in my Paypal account I can use to buy music, but can't think of an album to buy.

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='175561' date='Apr 13 2008, 11:01 AM']:)

Like your priorities!![/quote]

Well, you know me Nik - I won't let a woman come between me and a nice bass!

BTW, if you happen to be in Brighton on Friday 9th May, I'll be playing at the Providence. When's your next Brighton gig?

[quote name='Paul_C' post='175547' date='Apr 13 2008, 10:11 AM']I have a similar problem, once I had 16 Yamaha SBVs, and then various Status/Modulus/StingRays, now I have one Bongo and no desire for anything else.

Sorry.

:)[/quote]

I have every sympathy. I'm starting to toy with the idea of some sort of autowah type effect now though.

[quote name='Paul_C' post='175555' date='Apr 13 2008, 10:34 AM']Not only that, but I've got money in my Paypal account I can use to buy music, but can't think of an album to buy.[/quote]
I can sympathise with that. Now that Blue-ray has won the DVD format war I thought I would have a look. Players are getting relatively cheap but looking at the software there is hardly anything I would want to buy :)

And I really dont need another bass but there has been some god-awful temptation lately :huh:

[quote name='WishICouldWalk' post='175564' date='Apr 13 2008, 11:11 AM']Well, you know me Nik - I won't let a woman come between me and a nice bass!

BTW, if you happen to be in Brighton on Friday 9th May, I'll be playing at the Providence. When's your next Brighton gig?[/quote]
Good man!

I'd really like to get to your gig and hear the new set-up, but we're at The Elms in Worthing that night, sorry.. :) Our next Brighton gig is at Horatio's on The Pier on May 25th which is a Sunday.. When's your next gig?