Why become a member? ×

SOLD..UK Custom built Overwater J4

TheGreek

Thanks Dave

I'm far too precious with this - I feel like I can't take it out which is wrong on so many levels - needs to go to somebody who will play it...

I'm taking it down to the SE Bass Bash next weekend..hoping that somebody takes a shine to it or that those who try it give it favourable reviews which will raise some interest...

It's a shame for it to live in a case...

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1348326880' post='1812388']
Thanks Dave

I'm far too precious with this - I feel like I can't take it out which is wrong on so many levels - needs to go to somebody who will play it...

I'm taking it down to the SE Bass Bash next weekend..hoping that somebody takes a shine to it or that those who try it give it favourable reviews which will raise some interest...

It's a shame for it to live in a case...
[/quote] I know what you mean - it's not good to have a bass that you feel too precious about- I feel that way about one of mine, it's not good

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had some interest in this - made me have second thoughts - so I got it out of it's case and had a play with it through my EBS HD350....

I'd forgotten how good this bass really is, the range from the pickups is excellent - some really strong mids, the treble is so bright that I had to back it right off and the thud with the bass turned up was physical, not only audible..

This is an absolute bargain at £1200 - if I had fewer basses this wouldn't be for sale...I do need to downsize the collection though (along with the electro acoustic and the Ibanez ATK400)..

Edited by TheGreek

• 4 weeks later...

There was some "interest" recently - I took it out of it's case to check it over, played it, realised how easy it was to play and kept it out.The "interest" turned out to be another tyre kicker.

I've only put it away as I recently acquired a Roscoe 5er - I don't want to be distracted by a 4 string so that's the only bass I have out at the moment. I don't care if this doesn't sell - I'm happy to keep it (and torment my friends who love it but have no money!!)

• 1 month later...