Why become a member? ×

SOLD..UK Custom built Overwater J4

TheGreek

[i]I [/i][i](reluctantly)[/i][i]have to admit that I really do have too many basses now - I'm far too precious with my UK built Overwater Custom which is why it lives in a case - not a place for a bass like this - it really has to go where it's going to have to show what it's capable of...having said that, I'm not letting it go for silly money as I've sold a few things here at well below their real value and have regretted it.[/i]

[b]Details[/b]: This 2010 [b]Overwater J4 [/b]is a [u]UK custom built [/u]model ([b][i][u]Not [/u]to be confused for a Tanglewater collaboration[/i][/b]) in Trans Green, [b][color=#008000]see the pics on page 2 for a more accurate idea of colour [/color][/b]- virtually in mint condition. Originally commissioned by our own FloydElgar - I believe the price was £2550 - [i]spec doc.added[/i] - basically it has all the best bits that Overwater fit to their custom basses.

[b]Spec:[/b]
[b][u][color=#222222]Neck[/color][/u][/b]
[color=#222222]Wood/laminations Maple
String Spacing: 19mm
Fingerboard type: Birdseye Maple
Fretted/fretless: Fretted
Binding: Maple
Position Markers: Side dots
Profiling: Slim

[b][u]Body[/u][/b]
Swamp Ash (light weight)

Electronics: OW 3 Band
Pickup type: OW 4 ‘Soapbar’
Jack socket/XLR: Jack socket

Bridge type/plating: ABM
Machine Heads: Hipshot Ultralites (black)[/color]
[color=#222222]Serial No -10-3472[/color]

[color=#222222]I'm looking for a very reasonable £1200 but open to realistic offers or trades (please...no timewasters/chancers/tyre kickers)[/color]

Edited by TheGreek

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1335867630' post='1637088']
bump...still looking for a GB Rumour

Any other offers/trades??
[/quote]
two tins of asda smart price chopped tomatoes, 1 bulb of garlic, 3 assorted USB cables, one wooden elephant, one 1960's sony transistor radio and 4 small citrus fruit that could be satsumas except they are really hard to peel. And I could make guesses as who will be in the olympic football team which could count as a GB rumour.

Failing that have a bump

[quote name='greyshark' timestamp='1336134764' post='1641382']
Do you have any sound sample?
[/quote]

This would imply I knew something about technology...I have trouble posting emails...give me some tips about how to do this and I might be able to help..if you're near Herts you're welcome to come and try..

No you have to buy it.But for simple recording you don't need it.Just download a program called audacity (it's free) plug your guitar cable into the guitar and at the other end into an adapter and then into your mic input on your computer.And then I guess you can record something in audacity.

Ah, but after 416 pints (not including nuts/crisps) what would you have..?? Alcohol poisoning/the worst hangover ever/ Cirrhosisof the liver/ a failed relationship...where as if you saved the money you would have, what is, a serious contender for one of the best Jazz Basses you're ever likely to play...

Sorry..I've just realised that you live in Scotland..416 pints is probably just a good weekend out with the lads( :lol:)( :lol:)( :lol:)

Edited by TheGreek

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1336754691' post='1650604']
Ah, but after 416 pints (not including nuts/crisps) what would you have..?? Alcohol poisoning/the worst hangover ever/ Cirrhosisof the liver/ a failed relationship...where as if you saved the money you would have, what is, a serious contender for one of the best Jazz Basses you're ever likely to play...

Sorry..I've just realised that you live in Scotland..416 pints is probably just a good weekend out with the lads( :lol:)( :lol:)( :lol:)
[/quote]

:D nah, that takes us up to about 5am on sunday morning.

btw, stunning bass. If I did have the money to buy 416 pints I would go for your bass first. As it is nothing is going to come in till something goes out so for now I'll just look at pretty pictures :)

• 3 weeks later...

Imagine that this was black or white...would that make any difference??

Well actually NO!! The colour does not affect the tone - it sounds fantastic and is a serious contender for one of the best super jazzes you'll ever play irrespective of it's colour..

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1339516794' post='1689720']
Well actually NO!! The colour does not affect the tone - it sounds fantastic and is a serious contender for one of the best super jazzes you'll ever play irrespective of it's colour..
[/quote]

Green is better for metal. Seriously, I've loved the look of this bass ever since I first saw a photo of it. I've got a Tanglewood made J4 and love it to bits but alas don't have the cash unless you'd like to swap it for every bass in my signature!